OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto populate the OneDrive business owner email adress to enable "request access"

The default receiver for approval of access request to documents store on OneDrive for business is currently "someone@example.com".

It would make very much sence that the "owner" of the OneDrive for Business email address is automatically loaded in to the field "Access request approver"

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to mandatorily sync certain folders to OneDrive in an Enterprise environment through GPO

In our Enterprise we have need to be able to enforce syncing of certain files and folder so the user will always sync those files and folders between the workstation and OneDrive.

It would be nice to have a GPO or control via an Administrative Template that would allow the Administrator to select specific files and/or folders that sync when Sync Client is launched. And under OneDrive client settings where the user can select which folders they want to sync or not sync, the mandatory folders would be checked on and grayed out so the user could not uncheck them.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sharing MULTIPLE Files

OneDrive for Business should allow you to share more than 1 file at a time - like OneDrive for Personal use allows!! This is annoying and a good reason why I keep many files with Google!

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Accept special characters in filenames.

Some of my clients use #'s and other characters in their filenames, which causes that the files are not synced (i.e. the whole idea of access from different places is non-existent) and I'm getting sync errors continuously. OneDrive waits for my response, but I'm not allowed to change clients filename structure. Thus, the OneDrive is super annoying.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Regarding folder uploading performance within Internet Explorer

Can't upload the folders in OneDrive for Business on IE.(can upload on Google Chrome or others)

I would like to upload folders on IE because it is convenient if I could complete uploading
    on IE in used for my own daily work.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ignore hidden Mac-Files like .DS_Store

Uploading directories with Chrome is a very nice function, but with mac the hidden files like ".DS_Store" are also uploaded and visible within the OneDrive Business Website.

This files should be ignored during the upload.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change account name

When you install two ODB accounts in your computer, in file explorer appears OneDrive-Companyname and OneDrive-Companyname (1) making difficult to identify which account you are saving the file. Please allow change the name view, to make easy recognize them

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive For Business and SharePoint Integration

OneDrive For Business and SharePoint need to be tightly integrated to support the seemless transfer of content between the two environments to support good practice formal content management together with the dynamic collaborative power of OneDrive.

Content should be able to be 'moved' from OneDrive to SharePoint so that duplicates are not created and the master content exists in one place only. Ideally, the 'Move to SharePoint' feature would provide an option to 'Leave a Link' in OneDrive to the newly created content in SharePoint.

In order to better support ad-hoc collaboration on content that has been imported into SharePoint…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. change the sync icon to not cover file type visual recognition

I use OneDrive for Business on my work laptop and Dropbox on my personal laptop. There has been something bugging me about OneDrive for awhile now and I think I can finally capture it visually. The following image contains two different images: the top image is what Dropbox looks like (credit: internet search - this is not my computer) and the bottom image is a screen capture from my work laptop (with all sensitive information removed).

I am a very visually driven person and often sort data quickly by recognizing patterns but I have been having some difficulties doing this…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sync of SPO Doc Libraries from IE browser doesn't work with NGSC, Chrome does

I have tested the new NGSC for months now and there are a few major issues causing us problems.

1. Even with now supporting sync of SharePoint Online Document libraries, the experience is not working within Internet Explorer. When you click the "Sync" button from either classic or Modern UX you are prompted to "Sign In" the experience takes you to a page telling you to "connect your onedrive" which is already done as I have my actual OneDrive for Business files syncing (selectively). Google Chrome works perfect with Document Libraries from SharePoint Online (and allows selective sync) as well…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable Site level Sync

We want sync button to be enabled at Site level rather than doclib level and the onedrive wizard can help us choose document libraries or folders specific to a site we want to sync with PC. For organizations like us where we have few 100's of sites created per division and department it would be tedious to choose each document library related to user and click on sync button . It would really serve us well if we have ability to sync at site level and can automatically sync 100's of sites per needs of each department.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add the feature to perform backup within One Drive for Business.

I really hope the additional feature to be implemented that enable me to acquire One Drive for Business's item backup for a certain period of time.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add ability to hide users from 'Share with' functionality

We sync users from on-premise AD to Azure for Office 365. In addition, we have cloud-only Global Administrator accounts that are not synced.

We would like the ability to hide users from the 'Share With...' functionality in ODB/Office Online (the cloud only users for example). For example, the 'Hide user from address lists' from Exchange Online option could be respected. Right now, all tenant users show up in the search results, which can be confusing as the Global Administrator accounts get selected accidentally.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can the ODB Admin portal be modified to allow for assigning roles and permissions to groups of administrators to allow them to perform tasks

Can the ODB Admin portal be modified to allow for assigning roles and permissions to groups of administrators to allow them to perform tasks such as:
    1. Display the access rights of a mysite
    2. Delegate or remove permissions to a mysite
    3. Display the storage used by a mysite
    4. Display the properties of a mysite
    5. Display number of files in a mysite
    6. Display number of files in the mysite recycle bin
    7. Recover contents from a mysite recycle bin
    8. Display last accessed date of a mysite
    9. Display last modified date
    10. Display reports
    11.…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. improve the appearance of the file name in the ZIP file so as to avoid the garbled double-byte Japanese characters.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 :OneDrive for Business 上の ZIP ファイル内のファイル名を確認する時に 2バイト文字に対応できるようにして欲しい
    ■内容: どのブラウザを使用しても、OneDrive for Business 上にアップロードした ZIP ファイルの中身を開くと日本語である 2 バイト文字が文字化けしてしまいファイル名が確認できない。
    Mac にて圧縮したファイルについては文字化けしない事を確認できていますが、Windows にて圧縮したファイルについても文字化けしないように改善して欲しい。
    -----
    No matter which browsers I use, I am unable to check the file name due to its garbled double-byte Japanese characters when looking into the ZIP file once uploaded into OneDrive for Business. Using Mac OS, on the other hand, I can find the ZIP file ungarbled. Frankly, I prefer to check the file without any garbled characters along with Windows, so I hope the display style of file within Windows to be improved.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Control of communication timing

2) Control of communication timing
    Please make it possible for the administrator to change and manage the timing to execute the synchronization. (Example: once a day, once in several hours, on a daily basis etc.)
    This is to prevent situations where synchronization is carried out during cellular communication, which consumes traffic.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable modifying the name for the synced folder displayed in Explorer.

I am aware of the sync folder name displays as [OneDrive - Corporate name] in the side bar on the Explorer when Synchronization is performed between two user accounts within the same tenant so that the user cannot distinguish the contents unless opening the folder.

Since the name of the synced folder cannot be changed, it is displayed as follows. (Regardless of changing name of the entire tenant.)
    1. [OneDrive - Corporate name]
    2. [OneDrive - Corporate name(1)]...

We have a situation that using a single computer to separately use the multiple accounts (such as Personal OneDrive) , therefore I…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Shared with me Folder to OneDrive

Add the option to add a shared folder or file to your OneDrive for Business. I want to be able to organize shared files and folders with my content on OneDrive. This capability is available in Google Drive (https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375057?hl=en) and should be available with OneDrive.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want to change the owner of an excel file in OneDrive for Business !

I want to change the owner of an excel file in OneDrive for Business !
    If an employee will leave the company and he is the owner of an excel file that a lot of people use it, I think this is a must !

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Retitle or Rename File Should Not Break URL/Link

If the filename changes, this should not break the URL. A user may have shared a link/URL to a file and then changed the filename.

Please allow filenames to be changed and links to remaining working.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base