OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Zapier API support for OneDrive for Business

It is available for OneDrive, but not OneDrive for Business. Thanks!

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put in a print to printer button! Maybe as an option under "Print to PDF"

I want to print my online powerpoint but there is not a print to printer button. I have to save to pdf or download the file and open it in powerpoint and then print it.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group Policy to Add SharePoint Sites

SilentConfig is all very good, but I'd also like to be able to add SharePoint Online Libraries to appear automatically alongside the user's OneDrive for Business. A policy item that contains a list of URLs to SharePoint Libraries would do the trick. As SharePoint Libraries might be particularly large, it would make sense if such libraries defaulted to "Files on Demand"

Of course, this should also be added to the OneDrive CSP that everyone is screaming out for!!

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connect to OneDrive using SFTP

Add a new option to connect from a remote server, such as Ubuntu, using SFTP.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add Preview for SVG files

One Drive for Business and SharePoint Online fail to preview SVG files.
    This is a common format for web vector graphic files.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Monitor \ Generate reports for syncing status

Monitor\Generate reports for syncing status for each user. and send notification email for the admin with the syncing status and failure notes with full details and errors

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow moving location of a synced folder

This is a surprisingly high requested feature, but Microsoft has stepped on it in various ways causing many request tickets for the same thing to be created, some of them closed. Another example of them not caring what customers really want.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Exclude some files by extension

I'm using One Drive Ent. alone but with 3 computers.
    I'm using Visual Studio 2015 and .NET source code is stored in One Drive..
    Because I can switch from one computer to another, I cannot use a source control software (like SourceSafe).
    But at each build, all generated files are pushed to OneDrive.
    I don't really need to save .OBJ, .PDB files.

So, a global file filter can be useful to save bandwidth.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. open with explorer

Allow the old feature "Open With Explorer" in OneDrive for Business and Office 365 Group Files on the web.

Syncing files through OneDrivefor Business app is not a good solution for many businesses.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Office365 Groups Support

Make OneDrive mobile apps a great alternative to DropBox Teams by adding Office365 Group Support! Would be good if I could see my Group files without having to use a PC or use mobile web browser.

King Regards

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide "Available Offline" feature in OneDrive for business

Surface tablets have less HDD space when compared to laptop or desktops. It would be good to have the "Available Offline" feature in OneDrive for business to help in freeing up some hard disk space.

I can click a file(s) or folder, right click on them and select "Available Offline" to be available on OneDrive and free from Local system hard drive,

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Photos (All photos, albums, tags, places) feature

I use OneDrive for Business as a consumer to be able to use my own domain and to have enough space for my photos and files.

I would love the feature from consumer OneDrive to be able to press "Photos" and get an overview of all photos, albums, tags and places.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prioritise the syncing of SharePoint libraries using the NGSC

As CTO, I introduced O365 to our company in 2011. I use OneDrive for my personal storage and OneDrive for Business for my work documents. I have promoted the use of SharePoint tirelessly in our company. But, OneDrive Team, this year you are losing my support. I have tried to hold back the spread of Dropbox with arguments about document security, acceptability to our clients, integration with our platform etc. It's been tough because Dropbox syncs to people's drives without errors, and SharePoint libraries don't. People who used ODFB prior to the NGSC got sync errors. A lot of sync…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Send alerts when a shared folder has been adjusted/updated.

I think with shared folders/documents alerts should be sent to all it is shred with when changes have been made. We share a calendar so everyone can see what up coming events are taking place. If an adjustment is made no one knows unless they check the calendar everyday. An alert would be much better!!

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Context Aware File Explorer

Please provide sharing and other OneDrive options in the file explorer itself. Today if I have a share a file or folder, I have to visit web interface.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to log out of onedrive for business

Please allow the ability to log out of onedrive for business as well as allowing people to log into to multiple business account. School, work, non-profit all using onedrive for business? I use same computer.... Also make it more compatible with onedrive personal, i.e. share folders

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. provide an easy way to sync multiple document libraries at once

Compared to the intial configuration wizard provided by SharePoint Workspace, OneDrive for Business (and SharePoint) are lacking a user-friendly way to sync all document libraries of a SharePoint Site at once.

Currently the user has to click through each document library of a site when starting to build up the sync-connections. There should be an better way to do that: Like a single Hyperlink e.g. "sync this site". Clicking this link will give the user the Chance to select the document libraries he wants to sync with OneDrive for Business.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to sync shared folders to my OneDrive desktop client.

This feature is a bare essential for business use.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disable OneDrive for Business via Group Membership in Office 365

Provide options to Office365 admins to disable ODB access for specific users via Group Membership. Currently its very difficult to disable ODB for new users & existing users.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I suggest you may deliver a generic ADMX/ADML template

You delivered a non-generic ADMX/ADML template with the necessity to manually add non-generic information like the tenant id and OneDrive Folder Default path.
    This breaks up with the design principle of a template, which has to be generic. The non-generic Information is added via gpedit.
    If you have a look at the policy "Site to Zone Assignment List" within inetres.admx, you can see that it is possible since Vista to create templates, where you then are able to insert the non-generic Information with gpedit and thus the policy creates the Sub key structure within the registry.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base