OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. asset library sync one drive for business

please enable asset library and picture library sync with onedrive for business. there is need to share many photos that can be searched with tags by internal and external parties. we'd like to use sharepoint rather than buy another solution.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easer to show all shared files

Either make the "Shared" column sortable or highlight the shared files using a different color. It's currently a frustrating goose hunt trying to pin down and review files I have shared with others in a list of thousands of files.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow obtaining a log of access to the folders without accessing the files.

I am planning to share the folder with external users in near future, but for security protection, I hope the feature will be able to get the logs that enable seeing which folder has been accessed includes the name of users and accessed time. Thank you for your continued support.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add to Onedrive feature for Onedrive for Business

With the Add to Onedrive feature for Personal accounts it adds another disparity with Onedrive for Business. This is an essential feature needed for true collaboration so that the shared folders can sync offline

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Folder Favourites and Starring/Colouring folders

Having just moved from Google Drive to One Drive have noticed that there is no facility to "star" or make specified folders a favourite. This is a necessary feature particularly for efficiency if you need to drill down a number of levels to get to a folder. Another great feature is the ability to change the colours of folders - this is a great feature to define and group folders relating to a specified area. Great for differentiation between departments.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sharepoint Image Libraries need to Sync to OneDrive for Business

In order to be a truly effective tool for our company, Sharepoint Image Libraries need to Sync with OneDrive for Business.

We have several documents that need to be shared between our design and sales teams. Some of these are Design Orders, POs and Spread Sheets, but the largest majority of documents is made up of jpeg images of concept drawings.

From the design team's side: We have OneDrive for Business because we need the concept drawings from all 6 designers Sync'd to our own machines at all times... This can be achieved by using Documents Library instead of an…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow documents that you share to everyone to be embedded and viewed without authentication

If you share a document in OneDrive for Business (SharePoint too) to the everyone group as read only, and then un-tick the box "Require sign-in" when you share it, you receive an error if you try and view the document if you are not logged in.

I have attached a document outlining the procedure I am going through. This functionality is available in OneDrive Personal, but not through OneDrive for Business or SharePoint. Please look to add this as it would be very useful for teachers wishing to embed resources without having to get students to go through the login…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. improve the setting feature that could cause the delay in reflecting the details of its setting once modified via Office 365 admin center.

I am aware the the occasional delay occurs until the modified setting is applied when making a change for the setting through Office 365 admin center, and therefore I hope the feature to be improved so that it could reflect the modified details of the setting.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remote wipe feature of onedrive for business

I have searched this and very surprised this is not brought up more often,

But remote wipe for shared files should be mandatory within and organisation.

Scenario - Employee leave, had sync data on home machine.
    (this scenario is not at all out of the ordinary)

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Webdav access

The promise is not really true:

"Any device, at any time

[...] it works well on all your devices."

Currently OneDrive does not work well on any of my devices.

Webdav is a well supported protocol on nearly every internet attached device for file access over http(s). As stable apps are not available on all platforms please allow Webdav (or some other useful API) access so that users can access their files quickly and conveniently.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Download folder or selected files

Please make it possible simply to select several files within folder or complete folder to download it without any sync soft.
    Sometime user works on some remote pc and have no ability to install and configure any one drive sync.
    User jusr needs to select several files or folder and press download like in all other cliud file storage services.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enforce PIN/Password on device when onedrive pro is synced

When a user syncs business data on their phone or tablet, via the app, the app should ensure that the PIN/Password is activated on the device. Otherwise, if the device is lost, anyone can access the locally cached data, and potentially access confidential business files.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a part of a broader mobile device management capability we are looking to deliver for businesses.

Also as a side note – as a part of our most recent Android app update we enabled support for users to set up a PIN. Simply create a 4 digit code, and you can limit access to the app and your files.

14. Allow management of file types in One Drive for Business

I think it would be nice to have the ability to allow or disallow certain file types in OneDrive for Business. I believe internal (Office 365) management would be more advantageous rather than going off the Microsoft "master list"

I ran into this issue trying to upload the portable version of Google Chrome which uses .json files. It wasn't a huge issue, but the ability to allow or disallow extensions would be pretty nice.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve the behavior of the files stopped sharing with [Shared with me] to hide in bulk the files stopped sharing by using [Shared with me].

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):[共有を停止] されたファイルを [自分と共有] から一括で非表示とする機能について

Improve the behavior of the files stopped sharing with [Shared with me] to hide in bulk the files stopped sharing by using [Shared with me].
    -------
    ■Description_JP (内容):OneDrive for Business の [自分と共有] にて [共有を停止] されたファイルが、48 時間経過した後も表示され続けています。旧 UI では表示されていなく、[インデックスの再作成] では改善されないため、1 ファイルずつ [共有リストから削除します] を行う必要があり、工数を要します。エンドユーザーにとっても混乱を招く表示となるので、改善を強く要望します。
    Using OneDrive for Business's [Shared with me], I am aware of the files stopped sharing continue to be displayed even after 48 hours passes, so I must perform the [Remove from Shared list ] for those files one by one because those files are not viewed on classic UI and I…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Onedrive for Business new Generation Sync Client for Windows 2012 R2

Extend Onedrive for Business new Generation Sync Client for Windows 2012 R2 server

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OneDrive desktop version to mirror cloud, not the other way around! Example: Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, and every other major cloud

OneDrive desktop version should not take up computer storage i.e. it should only mirror the cloud documents, not the other way around.

Examples: Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, and every other major cloud storage provider.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I need to change default domain associated with Sharepoint/One-drive and apparently I cannot.

The default domain associated with our One Drive for Business and the relates Sharepoint account is tied to an old company name that we no longer use. For legal reasons I need to change that domain from what it is presently, to a new one, as it uses our old company name. Anyhow - I've bene through several different tech support contacts and it appears that this cannot be changed at all -- it was set by our original account set-up process and therefore tied to us as is forever. I find this ludicicrous as everything else related to domains…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add the feature of the interface that the user is able to follow the documents directly by the button click in the modern UI.

I am aware of the classic UI is able to follow the documents after clicking the [...] button at the bottom of the screen directly from the screen for OneDrive.
    . However, I am asuming there is no such a thing as the same function has implemented in the modern UI. It was a useful frequently function of the classic UI so that I hope the feature will be added the [...] button in the modern UI and the user will be able to follow the documents from it as well. Thank you.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base