OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy link/share a onedrive link

I need the copy link/share a onedrive link .... the new version doesn't come with it which is really inconvenience.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について

Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.
    -------
    ■Description_JP (内容):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について、実装を希望。 

I hope that OneDrive for Business's feature will enable the next generation sync client to synchronize with external users.
    -----

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow documents from OneDrive to open in a new tab

Seriously. Why won't it open in a new tab so I can still see my OneDrive and possibly open more than one document at a time from the Web interface?

Seems like nothing in O365 wants to open in a new tab.

It is really frustrating.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure PC logon / OneDrive auto configure

Automatically configure the one drive application when you logon to the PC with your azure account.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove 'This is your OneDrive folder' when user don't have the option to change location

We have disabled that the user can change location, but users still see the screen and the ‘change location’ link, they are just not able to click it, this confuses the user, and is not necessary. could you please remove it.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. implement the feature to show the proper preview of the ".msg”and “.eml”files once saved within One Drive for Business.

When I show the preview of the file of“.msg”and “.eml once saved within One Drive for Business, all the Japanese letters(double-byte characters) in the files become garbled, and therefore I hope the feature to be implemented that enables to display the preview properly on the website.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow distributing the items collectively to user's tenant in OneDrive for Business by the admin.

For user's convenience, I hope that the admin will be able to distribute items collectively to users in One Tenant OneDrive for Business not only the sharing function. Additionally, It would be great if the admin could control the permission for "disable deleting or editing", then enable collectively distributing to the specific users as well. Thank you for your support.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SharePoint Access

Could you please provide access to SharePoint folders on the team site in Office 365 not just the personal OneDrive files. Thanks.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. *#!king Allow ALL Folder Names inc *vti

The fact I can't store web server files on Onedrive for Business because pf a ******** block of _vti_, _files, .* and other folder names is remarkable. I was switching to Office 365 for Business and use Onedrive instead of Dropbox and now I find I can't because you're using such an idiotic system for ODFB - SharePoint - that restricts this.

Why the ****, if I'm paying more for this service than the personal OneDrive version can this business version not support these files???

You've had plenty of time to sort this since introducing OneDrive yet you haven't bothered.…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remove the releveant items from "Shared with me" as soon as the retention period is over of the deleted users.

■Title(件名): [自分と共有] に、削除後 30 日以上経過しているユーザーのアイテムが表示され続ける

Remove the releveant items from "Shared with me" as soon as the retention period is over of the deleted users.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の [自分と共有] に、削除後 30 日経過しているユーザーのアイテムが表示され続ける。ユーザーの削除後、保存期間が経過次第 [自分と共有] から非表示になるよう改善希望。

I would notice you that "Shared with me" items continue to be displayed in another user's OneDrive for Business even over 30 days passed since the relevant user's account has been deleted. In order to organize the data, please implement the function that removes items from "Shared with me" as soon as the retention period is over of the deleted…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable editing in Excel Online on Forms

■Title(件名):
    Excel Online 画面上部の [Forms] メニューがグレーアウトする

Enable editing [Forms] link in Excel Online
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて、[新規] から [Excel用Form] を作成すると、Excel Online 画面上部の [Forms] メニューがグレーアウトします。
    ※ Google Chrome では グレーアウト、Internet Explorer ではリンクをクリックするとエラーの画面となります。
    なお、OneDrive for Business にて、[新規] から [Excel ブック] を作成し、Excel Online 画面上部の [Forms] から フォーム を作った場合は Excel Online 画面上部の [Forms] メニューが利用可能となります。
    OneDrive for Business にて、[新規] から [Excel用Form] を作成した場合においても、Excel Online 画面上部の [Forms] メニューから編集可能となるように動作変更を希望します。

Every time users go [New] – [Forms for Excel] on OneDrive for Business, [Forms] link is greyed out in Excel Online.
    Note : Link get greyed out in Google Chrome, and we get error…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive for Business の 10 TB を超える追加容量について

(English follows Japanese)

OneDrive for Business の容量が不足しているため、提示された手続に従って SharePoint Online サポート窓口に連絡し、増量申請を行いました。
    申請が通り容量が追加された旨の連絡が来ましたが、10 TB を超えた容量は、OneDrive for Business に対してではなく、SharePoint Online のサイト コレクション作成用の記憶域として提供されることになっている、とのこと。

当方が希望しているものは「OneDrive for Business」の機能としての容量であり、「SharePointサイトの増量」を希望しているわけではありません。

以下の公開情報においても明確に「OneDrive for Business に対する」容量を無制限に利用可能であることが明記されており、契約時にこの点を考慮した背景もあります。

https://products.office.com/ja-jp/business/compare-more-office-365-for-business-plans

Microsoft は 10 TB を超えた容量についても、OneDrive for Business に追加するという約束を実行する義務があります。

Re: Additional storage quota exceeding 10 TB for OneDrive for Business

Basing on the lack of storage quota, I've requested increase of my OneDrive for Business storage more than 10 TB to Microsoft Support with following determined procedures.
    The required storage was added, however, not to OneDrive for Business but to tenant storage for creating site collections.

This is completely different from my requirement -…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Copy/move files/folders between OneDrive users online

I want to move for example a folder with customer data from salesperson A to salesperson B directly without downloading and re-uploading the folder and its contents

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Local Disk Storage Limits

Save our users from themselves.

We desperately need a solution to limit how much data is synced to the local disk by the OneDrive Sync Client. In an Enterprise scenario, where it's beneficial to allow large amounts of storage in the cloud, there is often not enough local storage to accommodate a user's full data store. Selective sync doesn't satisfy organizational concerns about using up local disk space. Even files-on-demand is leaving a lot of trepidation at the management level. Users will typically just choose to sync everything without thinking of the consequences.

I propose an enforceable policy (GPO or…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow users to create folders or similar for OneDrive shared files/folders.

I have over 300 shared files/folders which need categorisation, many users in the organisation are in a similar situation and the std filtering system is not good enough. Creating folders to group shares from multiple users would be extremely helpful.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set folders to available offline via policy

Allow administrators to define specific folders as available offline via group policy.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the Fetch capability to OneDrive for Business (to access local PC files through a web browser) as you can do in OneDrive (consumer ver)

Add the Fetch capability to OneDrive for Business (to access local PC files through a web browser) as you can do in OneDrive (consumer version)

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Specifiy folder Language per user

As the default Language of a OneDrive Site is set by location of your tenant, all our OneDrive Sites have English as default language. That means that all Folders, which are created by default (like Attachments, Notebooks, etc.) are also displayed in English. Please make it possible to specifiy the OneDrive Defauld language or the language for those Folders for individual users, because not everyone in our company is capable of speaking English.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Download /Upload prioritization in sync

Allow the user to select which files should be transfered first in the sync.
    Another option would be that the sync tool analyze the files to be transfered and execute the folders and smaller ones first, so the sync is not locked on a big files for a long time.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sync client metadata / tagging

I'd like to be able to sort by metadata used in sharepoint document libraries on the OneDrive Sync Client. Using metadata / termstore in browser has a lot of benefits, but this is all undone when syncing a library to your windows device via the sync client and receive a flat file structure.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base