OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync client metadata / tagging

I'd like to be able to sort by metadata used in sharepoint document libraries on the OneDrive Sync Client. Using metadata / termstore in browser has a lot of benefits, but this is all undone when syncing a library to your windows device via the sync client and receive a flat file structure.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the display of "edited by", "file size" and "shared with" after file editing

Quoting Customer:

After editing files, the items "edited by", "file size" and "shared with" remain blank for about 1 hour. Asking support about this, we`ve been told that this behavior also shows on other tennants. Please fix this asap. Since the last user to have edited a certain file can also be confirmed via "recent activity" in the "details" section, there is a viable work around available for the time being. However, it`s not very convenient and it would be preferable to be able to make confirmations without having to rely on work arounds.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable eliminating a limitation of the threshold of Office 365 side to enhance the convenience.

I am aware of the behavior that If there are more than 5000 items being with a single folder, the progress operation is not normally performed. However, it is frequently happened to exceed 5000 items will be created due to the business operation. So that, I hope the feature will enable eliminating a limitation of the threshold of Office 365 side. (Provide availability to allow more than 5000 items can exist in the folder.)

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Camera Upload

The description under camera upload indicates it will only upload camera pictures to the personal OneDrive account. It would be great if I could specify which OneDrive account it will sync to. I pay for my own Office 365 Business Essentials account and would like for my pictures to go to that OneDrive.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Folder Download Link

It's very simple: we need to send a bunch of files containted in a folder to our clients, or external collaborators.

So, currently, we need to download that folder from OneDrive for Business to our on PC. Zip that folder, then use WeTransfer to send it to the client. You like that convenience of OneDrive for Business??
    Really neat uh?

Now, how about you let people do what is absolutely obvious, logical and wha everyone would expect to be able to do? I.E. let people create a link for downloading an entire folder.

Basic drop box does it, sugarsync does…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add the feature either to disable the font's automatic modification and integration or to set its distinctive style and size into a cell.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):---.
    -------
    ■Description_JP (内容):Office のファイルの1つのセルに、異なる字体、異なるサイズの文字を使用した文章が混在し、さらに同一セル内で別々の文章として認識されている場合、 OneDrive for Business にアップロードを行い、[Excel Online で開く] にて編集、または該当のセルをクリックした際に、フォントが自動的に変更、統一される。また、 [Excel Online] 上にて 1 つのセル内にて異なる字体、異なるサイズを設定できない。Office Online にて編集を行う事が多いため、フォントが自動で変更、統一されないように、または [Excel Online] にて1つのセルに異なる字体、異なるサイズを設定できるように追加要望です。

In case the sentences containing of distinctive character style and size are mixed in one of the cells in Office file and if each of those sentences are recognized as distinctive within the same cell, I am aware that the fonts are automatically modified and consolidated into one font style when uploading them into OneDrive for Business and editing them with [Open in Excel Online] or clicking the cell. Furthermore, I am unable to…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. improve the feature enabling to display the search result of user along with 2 characters in case of file sharing.

■件名 : ファイル共有時にユーザーを検索する際に、2 文字で候補に表示されるようにしてほしい
    ■内容: OneDrive for Business でファイルを共有する際に、ユーザー名を検索しようとすると3文字以上入力しないと候補として表示されません。日本人の苗字は 2 文字で構成されていることが多いため、苗字だけで検索できないのは不便です。検索候補を 2 文字の入力で表示するか、一覧から選択する機能を要望します。
    -----
    When I perform the share of OneDrive for Business file and search the user name, I am unable to show the search result unless I enter more than 3 characters. I feel it inconvenient if I could be unable to make any search for the user name with its Sir name because Japanese Sir name consists of two letters. Therefore, I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable me either to show a search selection along with two characters or to choose…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve the feature of General Japanese description for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

I have difficulty understanding the Japanese description in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business due to the machine translation is not accurately translating the words so far. For example, there are many places where the meaning of Japanese words are not clear when sharing data only to the specific users on OneDrive for Business although it's hard to get know the function/description, such as the part "Selecting [User listed on the destination line]".

It may cause of the machine translation, but I hope the feature will be implemented enables providing the accurate translation to the Japanese display in the current…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. the only way to determine the health of the current sync client is to view it manually. this does not allow for any type of monitoring. add

The only way to determine the health of the current sync client is to view it manually. This does not allow for any type of monitoring. Users can easily have a broken sync client for days/weeks without realizing their content is not syncing which can eventually lead to data loss. Please provide a programmatic way to get health information of the sync client.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Saving attachments from OWA to Onedrive for Business

I'd like to be able to save attachments in outlook web app in Office 365 directly to my Onedrive for Business account

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Implement the feature to change the number of date specified to search for Office 365 audit logs.

■Title(件名):Office 365 監査ログの検索範囲として指定できる日数について

Implement the feature to change the number of date specified to search for Office 365 audit logs.
    -------
    ■Description_JP (内容):Office 365 監査ログの検索範囲として指定できる日数について、現在 90 日以内となっているが、範囲を変更できる機能、または 90 日以前のログを取得できる機能の実装を希望。 

I am aware of the current scope of search for Office 365 audit logs is limited within 90 days, but I hope the feature will be implemented to change the date scope or to acquire the logs prior 90 days.
    -----

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Finding content types

From a user experience people moving from offline server based files to OneDrive we often get complaint about performance when saving files.

Users get the message "Getting list of available content types and properties" The time difference between this and what they are used to when they save in the previous method using locally synchronized files and having file sync is very different.

My question is why does this operation have to take place over the network back to O365?

Its time consuming, happens every time and content types rarely change. The files are being saved locally and subsequently being…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make it possible for the Groove mobile app to play music stored on OneDrive for Business.

It's currently only possible to stream music from the Groove mobile app by accessing music stored on OneDrive personal but NOT music stored on OneDrive for Business. I have a lot of music stored on the business version of OneDrive and it would be great to be able to play it from my mobile device!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simplify the OneDrive for Business install process

The new sync client installer is crazy. To install you must first determine if your user has 1D consumer, if so set a registry entry. Then run install. Plus, when the install is complete it runs side-by-side with groove.exe and syncs the same content to two folders on the same PC. This needs to be addressed ASAP. The new client should use the same folder as GROOVE - this would at least prevent duplicate sync and the need for my users to go clean up the install process. I've got 8,000 users I want to deploy to.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. log

Make it possible to see log in human readable format. Currently I get "OneDrive can't transfer files right now. Please try again tomorrow." I can find some log files under users/appdata/microsoft/onedrive but they seem to be in binary format and hence not very helpful for troubleshooting. It does not seem very efficient that I can only create a support ticket and send some binary log files and not trouble shoot myself.
    ( I am on the new sync client preview - 17.3.5979.1006 )

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto create a onedrive link when attachment is over the limit

Email attachment via outlook desktop application or OWA, when a user attach a file over the limit, the application should auto move the file into onedrive and create a guest shared link for the recipient easily download it without creating a Microsoft account. When click on the guest share link, it should redirect to a webpage where the file expiry date, as well as a download button to get hold of the files.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow getting a link to share from File Explorer

Allow getting a link to share from File Explorer, ideally in the context menu (right-click)

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Camera Roll Backup

Currently you can only back up camera roll to One Drive, but not OneDrive for Business. Suggest adding this feature to back up to business version.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring back 'Alert Me' feature

Once the ribbon was removed, this critical feature fell by the wayside - I need to be able to keep track of what documents have been changed in a group environment, or we are back to emailing each other about progress (and while we are at it...we may as well attach the latest version of the document) - this is 10 steps back....

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Photo upload for OneDrive Business on the iPhone app

Any update (I was told about 6 months ago it was something that was being considered) on adding photos uploading feature from an iPhone camera Roll to OneDrive Business iPhone app just like OneDrive Personal.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base