OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable fingerprint as passcode

Please enable finger print unlock as pass code instead of standard pass code, just like drop box does. No offense! It's just my suggestion.

688 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      16 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Anonymous guest link in OneDrive for Business App

In my company employees often need to share files stored in their OneDrive for Business folder with external people, like suppliers and customers.

From the computer they can create a link with no sign-in required, but from the mobile app this is not possible. Because they share files from the mobile with a lot of people they often get in trouble because the recipient don't have an Microsoft account and can't open the link.

Please update the OD4B app so that it is possible to use this feature from mobile.

317 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        17 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        in the plans  ·  Douglas Pearce responded

Thanks for the suggestion. We’re planning to bring the same kind of links you can create now through the website to our mobile apps.

• Sync overlay icons "ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers" limit

There is a limit of 15 overlay icons in windows 10. Installing dropbox or google drive causes problems with sync overlay icons not appearing in onedrive (or vice versa). Why not make developers use the existing, microsoft sync overlay icons, rather than bringing their own? The 15 sync icons in "ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers" would be sufficient if Microsoft required that any third party sync application such as dropbox or google drive used the same icons. After all, onedrive and dropbox both show exactly the same information in the icon overlays - synced, not synced, sync in progress and sync error.

244 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          25 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Include TAGS in API

OneDrive adds a number of Tags against a photo like, Beach, Cat, ...
          When querying meta data against a Photo, it would be great to also include these TAGS.

78 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            in the plans  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Ability to download a folder on the Windows Phone app

I use Onedrive for many things, including for hosting my music on the cloud. It allows me to quickly download some music on my phone from the cloud. Today I realised that it is not possible to download a folder from the WP app, only files. So in my example, I had to open the folder (an album), to select all the songs in it, then to download it.

Not a big deal, but it made me realize it would be an easy improvement to allow the user to download the folder directly.

290 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              7 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              in the plans  ·  Douglas Pearce responded

We’re planning to support the ability to take a folder of files offline. Keep an eye out.

• API access to Albums

I want to be able to access, read and edit a user's Albums via the OneDrive API.

I am talking about the Albums which are not folders and were announced in January 2015. https://blog.onedrive.com/introducing-an-all-new-way-to-view-manage-and-share-your-photos-in-onedrive/

58 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                3 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow automatic upload of photos and video from mobile clients to OneDrive for Business

Would like to see complete feature parity between OneDrive and OneDrive for Business - well except that the latter would have everything that OneDrive personal had plus some.

Automatic upload of photos and video is one of the OneDrive Personal features that should be added to OneDrive for Business. I realize the technologies are very different on the backend, but it needs to be done.

10,221 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  in the plans  ·  816 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Allow users to subscribe to notifications on a shared folder

OneDrive should allow users to subscribe to a shared folder and receive notifications when new content is added to that shared folder.

This way you can share a folder once and keep adding content to it.

395 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    18 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    in the plans  ·  Omar Shahine responded

Def important feature for our service. This one is behind making shared folders sync, but on the roadmap for sure.

• Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base