OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow OneDrive app on Android to be moved to SD card including storing offline files

Unfortunately, I cannot keep this Android app because the app cannot be moved to secondary storage. I'm like every Android user and have limited available space on primary storage. Because of the OS and other required data that must be stored on primary storage, I have to move apps to my SD card after I install them in order to make room. I understand that users must first install apps to primary storage on Android. That's fine. Users should then be able to move apps like this to Secondary Storage in App Storage Settings. This app does not allow that.…

2,738 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      158 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • iOS 11 Files Integration

Integration with iOS 11 Files is very poor. OneDrive appears as a rudimentary pop-up within Files instead of being integrated the way iCloud Drive is. Please make OneDrive behave exactly like iCloud Drive does within the Files app.

1,421 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        98 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Fix the landscape view for pdfs in iOS iPad

After the last update the landscape form of reading the pdfs books in Ipad is really bad. Now we have two pages in the same screen, not just one as was in the past. Is there any function that returns to the old display format? You can see the problem in the photo attached. I’ve alredy tried the Forum help and they send me here. Please, fix this bug because I work with pdfs in iPad.

246 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          25 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • IOS 11 DRAG AND DROP

Please make it so I can use the Apple files app on iOS 11 so I can drag and drop files and pics from one drive to files app.i want to open the Apple files app and click on onedrive without it opening another sub app. I want to move files everywhere like use my fingers to drag a pic from Onedrive drive to a iMessage or a email in the slide over app... I amluke and would love if u guys could add this so I can move files easier and faster please and a lot of my friends…

504 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            29 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • shared by me

Could you add a menu "Shared by me" (similar as "Shared with me") in OneDrive web interface on the left side menu?

More about the user need: on OneDrive, files and folder are shared "only you" by default but you can share files/folders hidden in folders or sub-folders which stay unshared. Over time it becomes very hard to see what you shared, thus having this page view of all files/folders "shared by me" would be very convenient for users...

389 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Organize files in a single column so we can see the FULL NAME of long files

I have looked through the forum and this question was asked FOUR YEARS ago with still no fix as of July 2017.

I have many files with very long, similar names and I need to be able to see the entire name of each one. The iOS app has the files organized life to right with truncated file names and there is no way to view them without leaving the current view to open each individual file.

This can be fixed by either:
              1) organizing files in a single vertical column like on PC
              2) create a way of viewing…

139 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Fillable PDF Forms

Please re-enable the filling in of PDF forms on the OneDrive app itself. As of now, I understand that PDF files become marked as read-only once they are put in OneDrive.

It would be much more convenient if PDFs could be filled in from the OneDrive app itself.

61 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Make Android onedrive pdf viewer better or remove it

Hi,

Trying to work with pdfs stored on onedrive through the Android app is incredibly frustrating.

There is a giant black bar at the top with nothing other than a back button and a large orange circle for annotation tools. This makes seeing the pdf very hard as these UI elements get in the way.

Also there is no search capability.

Either make this viewer better or remove it so we can use some other android pdf viewer. Actually we should be able to use any other pdf viewer and there is no way to do so currently and this…

113 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    19 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • OneDrive For Business Context Menu Sharing / Copy Link

As already several times mentioned we (the customers) need the ability to share / copy a link to a folder or file within the context menu (right click on the folder or file).

This is an attempt to summarize the others ideas and get this idea upvoted, so Microsoft actually implements our wish.

Also mentioned in this idea: https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/11356212-give-us-onedrive-for-business-context-menu-options we are in desperate need of this and with this idea "splitted up" for only sharing / copy link.

Below and idea of the context menu from myself / Implementation in the ribbon of Windows Explorer also good idea:

240 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      10 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently completed the rollout of the new sharing experience on Windows and Mac. Please make sure you’re running the OneDrive sync client and then open the context menu on a file or folder in OneDrive. You’ll see a new Share command there!

• File encryption at rest.

Allow files to be encrypted at rest like OneDrive for Business. The user should hold the key for the encryption.

245 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        14 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Onedrive scan multiple pages

So why can you scan multiple pages with office lens but not with the new scan feature in onedrive? And vise versa regarding renaming the file.

208 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          39 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Automatically creating an album

Allow us to disable OneDrive automatically creating an album please. This annoys a lot of people, including me, and should be optional.

1,994 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            185 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the suggestion. We added a setting for this – click the cog in the upper right corner of the website. Select Options and then Photos. You can now turn off automatic album creation.

• More and detailed Description of Next Generation Snyc client

More and detailed Description of Next Generation Snyc client
                            f.e. Distribution (update) of the client, mechanism of the client, Group policies, handling ...

154 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. The deployment documentation is available below and it has links to many other documents including how to manage group policy.

If there are specific additional documents you’d like to request, please create an new item for each of those and we’re happy to look into it.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Deploying-the-new-OneDrive-sync-client-in-an-enterprise-environment-3f3a511c-30c6-404a-98bf-76f95c519668?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

• Enable long file path for OneDrive for Business

My 1GB of storage part of my Office 365 Business subscription is more or less useless because I get the "File name too long" issue with most of my files.

The following request is now closed as completed but I have voted on it with OneDrive for Business in mind (and I'm sure a lot of other other users did!).
                              https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/6325774-enable-long-file-paths-aka-file-name-too-long-p

So, OneDrive for Business users, make your voice heard and vote for this!

2,091 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                123 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • SharePoint: Sync selected subfolders of shared folder

I want sync only selected subfolders for shared or public folder.

E.g. currently I can sync only whole tree shared by someone
                                \SharePoint\User filder\Shared with Everyone\

I want to sync *only* part of the tree - \SharePoint\User filder\Shared with Everyone\A\B\C

82 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Provide Ransomware detection and recovery

We are seeing an increase in this cases of cryptowall and ramsonware, were users see their computers infected with this virus.

The virus will encrypt all user files (jpg, pdf, xlsx,docx, etc.) except system files.

It would be very helpful, to have the option to have OneDrive files restored to a previous date, even if that option was only available at a OneDrive Support level.

If this option is not possible, due to server space to store all info in duplicated, it would be easier from the technical side to block .ccc, .micro, and other known file extensions in OneDrive.

2,100 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    66 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Big update — Today we’re rolling out ransomware detection & recovery for Office 365 Home & Personal subscribers. We can now detect ransomware attacks and help you restore your OneDrive to a state before files were compromised. If an attack is detected, you will be alerted through an email, mobile, or desktop notification and guided through a recovery process where you’ll be able to restore your files to the state they were in before they were compromised.

To enable the recovery process, we’re bringing over the Files Restore feature from OneDrive for Business to your personal OneDrive account. Files Restore allows you to restore your entire OneDrive to a previous point in time within the last 30 days. In addition to helping recover from an attack, Files Restore helps with an accidental mass delete, file corruption, or other catastrophic event.

For more information, check out our blog post here — …

• Remove the "OneDrive - Personal" from Explorer when not enabled.

When we enable OneDrive for Buisness, the user also see a "OneDrive - Personal" folder in explorer, and when the user click on it, it will open the OneDrive for buisness folder?

115 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Offline folder support on iOS

Since OneDrive now support offline file in iOS, I hope OneDrive team can implement selecting folders for offline as well. I would be much easier to have this option instead of one my one selecting each files in the folder. Do hope OneDrive will implement this. Thank you

1,619 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        110 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • create anonymous guest links on the folder just like files in OD4B

For files you can create anonymous guest links on the file and set it to be view/edit and require sign-in or not but you can't for a folder.

In the consumer version of OneDrive you can do this on folders. Please make this available in OD4B. This is a huge missing feature that may cause us to go back to Dropbox.

1,046 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          75 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. You can now create anonymous links to folders in OneDrive and SharePoint. Admins can also control whether anonymous links are available to users within the tenant.

• Shared folder sync on Mac

I am missing this , my collegues who use windows can use onedrive like a dropbox to share files but as a Mac user I have to use the browser to view update etc.

23 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            12 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base