OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 100 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Store Microsoft Groove Android app offline music in a SD memory card

Currently, Microsoft Groove Android app can store offline music only inside phone's internal memory. It would be great if we had an option to store it in a SD card memory, as we can in Windows Phone's app.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      11 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Give us back our storage

Recently, a blog post was announced detailing that you would be reducing our free and paid storage. Only 1TB for Office 365 customers, and only 5 GB for free customers. I have been a long-time OneDrive fan, but after this upgrade I can no longer recommend it as my promised storage has been taken away. Some of us actually store a normal amount of stuff in OneDrive. Why makes us pay for those who went over the top?

72,425 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4669 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In November we made a business decision to reduce storage limits for OneDrive. Since then, we’ve heard clearly from our Windows and OneDrive fans about the frustration and disappointment we have caused. We realize the announcement came across as blaming customers for using our product. For this, we are truly sorry and would like to apologize to the community.

While we are not changing our overall plans, we’d like to clarify what we are doing for customers impacted by the changes and share a new offer which we hope will go a long way in making the situation better for our biggest fans.

Office 365 Home, Personal, and University subscriptions will continue to include 1 TB of storage. Any subscriber who received additional storage as part of our unlimited offer will keep it for at least 12 months. For anyone unhappy with the decision to not offer unlimited storage,…

• Start a new promotion to keep 15 GB + Camera Roll bonus, and THIS TIME, inform EVERYONE through email

ADMINS/MOD STOP MERGING THIS WITH THE OTHER "EXTEND PROMOTION" IDEA. THIS IS NOT TO "EXTEND" THE JANUARY OFFER. THIS IS TO START A NEW PROMOTIONAL OFFER ALTOGETHER!

Apparently there was an offer we could sign up for, till 31 Jan 2016, to keep our 15 GB storage + Camera Roll Bonus. But Microsoft didn't sent any email about this offer. The only email they sent was in April about the reduction. Most of us were not even aware of the offer. It is not possible for everyone to read tech news everyday, and be lucky to find out that post…

781 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          109 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry for the frustration caused by the storage reduction. We know these changes are difficult and that’s why we’re offering the free year of Office 365 Personal plus 1 TB of storage to people who had over 5 GB in their OneDrive at the time of the announcement. If you think we have missed you, please reach out to customer support by clicking the cog on the website and reporting a problem in the feedback section.

• Extend the OneDrive 15 gig free storage and 15 gig camera roll bonus promotion

Microsoft,

Since you decided to post your promotion on "Microsoft Blogs" that nobody pays attention to, rather than sending everyone an email, you have an uproar of extremely loyal windows phones (myself included). We DEMAND you extend this promotion and properly notify everyone...

485 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            172 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry for the frustration but that was a limited promotion that ended in January. As a reminder, anyone with more than 5 GB of data in OneDrive will receive an offer for a free year of Office 365 Personal which includes 1 TB of storage. We’re still in the process of sending these emails to impacted individuals. If you think we have missed you, please reach out to customer support by clicking the cog on the website and reporting a problem in the feedback section.

• Storage space

Why you reduce storage space it's not right.

337 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              58 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow us to retrospectively add referred users for the referral bonus (alternate to an extended promotion)

So I created a suggestion that was gaining a lot of traction, only to get shot down by Mr. Pearce... Closed so nobody could vote any further. I bet we would have been close to 1000 votes by now with it exponentially growing. (See link below for the original thread). Based on Microsoft’s response to my closed suggestion, my last day as a Microsoft account user for Outlook and OneDrive are nearing to an end. If nothing is done to my account by the time my account is downgraded (7/16), I will be unfortunately switching to Google Drive. I already…

47 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                11 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Make it possible to buy several times 50 GB disk space

When a bonus on eg. 200 GB expire, it isn't possible to buy more than 50 GB. Why is it needed to buy a full Office 365, just to get more data space. I have been very happy about One Drive - I'm not sure I am in the future, because I now need to find another solution for my data.

12 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  5 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion. Since the 50 GB is $2.00/month, buying more would quickly get close to the $6.99/month that gives you a full 1 TB of storage along with Office 365 Personal. You also get the latest Office clients on any platform, and those clients all have great integration with OneDrive, too. We hope you try it!

• Save 1Password data in OneDrive

Have the ability to save 1Password data in OneDrive because I simply want to stop using Dropbox

154 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Let me uninstall OneDrive

Please, tell me how I can completely delete Onedrive. I already have a flash drive, I already have google docs, I don't need this program! How can I get this program off of my computer?!

188 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      6 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Allow OneDrive folders/files to be shared using groups.

This is a school environment with more than 500 students, we need to share file without having to select 500 name each time we share something. Please implement file sharing using groups.

103 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Support retrieving user profile information via API

Provide a method in the API to retrieve the user information (name, email, birthday, etc.).
                        This should be similar to the old "/me" endpoint.

Sample scenarios include showing users the information of their account (for example, when allowing them to add multiple accounts)

32 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • OneDrive MUST work with Roaming Profiles

Roaming profiles are a core enterprise Windows feature, and its use is not going away. Neither the consumer nor business OneDrive works with it. But I'd rather use OneDrive. I'd especially like settings sync with my Windows 8.1 Phone to work, and that requires OneDrive.

Dropbox works with roaming profiles. G-Drive works with roaming profiles. Box works with roaming profiles. Only OneDrive doesn't work with roaming profiles.

126 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            6 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Let Business users of Office 365 choose which version of OneDrive they want to use.

OneDrive Personal and OneDrive Business are really to very different products. For many business users the Personal version is right for them, for others the Business version is the correct choice. Why not let Business administrators choose which version is correct for each of their users, and assign the correct product for users needs? It is clear to me that the Business and Personal versions will never be equal, and they probably should not be. I have used (and am using) both products. Thanks

33 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base