I suggest you ...

Always processing changes

It always displays the status: Processing changes. Even when everything is downloaded.

103 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Maxim GlukhankovMaxim Glukhankov shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SimonSimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue with O365 libraries. In the past, unlinking the PCs and re-syncing libraries worked but now even that is not working.

When I re-sync, it only syncs folders and subfolders, does not sync any files. It says "Processing Changes" and goes through all the files as if it is downloading but does not.

Contacted Office365 support but could not sort out the issue and they said the new sync client is a Beta version and is in development.

• Xavier FlixXavier Flix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use OneDrive to sync (or at least I’d like to) all my Visual Studio projects with two other machines. Sure I’ve tried all the recommend workarounds, but NOTHING works. Nothing.
        At some point, OneDrive will stop working with a queue of files waiting to be synced and with the dreaded “Processing changes” message.

It doesn’t matter what version I try, it doesn’t matter what workaround I try, OneDrive never finishes the synchronization process. Never.
        And to make matters worst, several times OneDrive decides to override newer files with older ones, making me rely on local backups (good ol’ ZIP files).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

windows 10 - onedrive taking forever to sync?? what must i do- go back to emailing
        the folders ??

• Shaun CassellsShaun Cassells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am running the newest version and it has been at Processing Changes now for two months. Causes quiet a bit of network traffic while on gogo. I have tried repair. I have tried unsync folder.

I notice that this is flagged but it is not resolved.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've got this problem on two different windows 10 PC's and had the same issue on a windows 7 PC.

• Kieran McMutrieKieran McMutrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Might be obvious but mine works when I close abode products. Stops working when I have Adobe Photoshop on.

I've been through these forums and done all the suggestions, un-linking, linking, creating in a new OneDrive folder and moving things back in. After many many hours re-syncing, eventually OneDrive crashes and makes me log in again and then it starts endlessly "Processing Changes" with no more uploads or downloads. Looking at the forums these bugs have been going on since early 2015. Also, one possibility that might have started this for me is adding a 50gig folder of photos and videos from another drive using a symbolic link (as described in the guide) - though not for sure this started it. Anyway, as it is I dare not trust OneDrive as a backup or storage method which is a shame as it was a deciding subscription factor.

• ChadChad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Experiencing this after just purchasing Office 365. Worked fine for the first few days, now it's a constant "Processing Changes" and doesn't want to seem to sync correctly. Example: I was working on a Word doc for work on my laptop. Saved it, figured it would sync immediately like it did the past few days, hop on my work machine, open OneDrive and it still shows the modified date from 2 days ago. I used Google Drive for my personal items, now I might have to use it for work, since it actually works on Win10.

Problem occurs when I use other application e.g. Unity, iTunes, etc. that lock files or create temporary files in my OneDrive folder for long period of times. This throws OneDrive into a processing changes state than never ends. Even after I have closed the applications. The only solution is exit the OneDrive application and start it again.

Same issue. Continuously "Processing Changes". This just started. Was working fine before.

OneDrive: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base