I suggest you ...

Give us OneDrive For Business Context Menu options

The old Sync Client had right-click context menu items. For example:
1. OneDrive For Business > Share
2. OneDrive For Business > View in Browser

The new client removed these. WHY?!?! Please give us these options back and more. It is crazy to think users should go to the web to share a file/folder. Let users do it from the folder view directly. I would even take it further and put OneDrive share options in the Explorer ribbon.

101 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joey BowlesJoey Bowles shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnthonyAnthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. The option to copy a link via the context menu was much more efficient than the new layout.

• Jeff ColemanJeff Coleman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! The office environment is where this is most important because that's where multiple users need to open excel files online in order to simplify editing.

• PetraHPetraH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Please give me back the ezy handling options that the context menu's gave.
        Improvment are ment to make things better!! Not worse.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These two items being not being available from the context menu is such a workflow killer. I want to share files and I have to go open SharePoint in a browser and find the right project folder. It's extremely cumbersome to do all this from within an Office app, especially if I'm sharing more than one file at a time.

• MarcelMarcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't really understand that this is not implemented already. This is such a fudamental functionality when working with shared files! Please add this option.

• Michael TompkinsMichael Tompkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I use this functionality quite often and am missing it in the new client.

One major issue is that if I use 'Get a sharing link' from within an Office application, that link defaults to only allowing people to view/edit within my organization. The majority of the time, I'm sharing with people outside of the organization. So, instead of having this context menu where I can easily click and grab the link in the web, I have to open the browser, open OneDrive, navigate through the tree structure to find the file that I already have pulled up in Explorer. It's a bit of a pain.

Feedback and Knowledge Base