I suggest you ...

Automatically creating an album

Allow us to disable OneDrive automatically creating an album please. This annoys a lot of people, including me, and should be optional.

1,994 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TimB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With respect to my comment below, it appears that OneDrive is no longer auto creating folders if it is turned off, however I still don't like the way it searches through all my folders (multiple users from my NAS backed up to my OneDrive account) and places all photos, video, scanned documents etc into the All Photos folder. When they appeared the other day I thought they were auto created into folders and it confused me...

• TimB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just became aware of this "feature" when I started getting notifications on my Android app for new album creations last week. There is no way in the app to turn it off but have just found out how to do it via the online portal using the cog. I thought this had resolved the issue, however today when I looked at my OneDrive iOS app, 2 new folders were created of photos that were only uploaded in the last few days. The "OFF" option doesn't actualy appear to turn it off?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good if we have automatic albums (Day wise) and make them video (like how iphone creates video files with cameraroll photos

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive is a brilliant app and if anyone thinks otherwise then it is your loss. However, I didn't like albums being created for me and so I am pleased that I can now turn that feature off. I also don't like Google asking me to share a photo every time I take a picture: - the rise of the machines???

• Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys! I found a REALLY SIMPLE TRICK to unable this and all the following (belive me, there will be more) "features" that MS wants and will want to add. Those are the steps:
        1. In Android go into the Onedrive's app info.
        2. Select uninstall and accept.
        3. THAT'S IT! ;-)
        Now seriously, if you want to store your things just forget about MS.
        Just use:
        Google Drive, Dropbox, Irista(For photos, 15GB free) or whatever.
        MS isn't now a company that you can trust it's products...

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, I found a fix for it a few months ago, though. I uninstalled OneDrive completely. But, nice to know y'all are listening. One day, your software will be as good as it was 20 years ago.

• Bak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The cog in the upper right corner of which web page, please?

• Jose Ernesto Lara Rodríguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, thanks guys! The feature is cool AF, but some of us like to have a more fine-grained control over how we create our albums/manage our pictures. It's cool to be able to turn it off now.

Thank you. I now get the option to turn off auto create within the iPad app. Hopefully it will filter through to the other devices.

Does it really take 6 months to add the option to disable "Features" that many people do not want to use?
        Albums and white boards should be stuff you opt in for.

How much longer?

• dp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only way to turn it off is to log into ONEDRIVE. Something I have NEVER joined as once you sign in you have to accept more MS ******** rules. This "feature" of creating albums should not exist unless you ask for it, NOT the default!

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you finished working on this now because it's still uploading all of my pictures to one drive and I can't stand it
        This update is from last November

• Nix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We simply don't want auto-albums, or at least give us an option to disable it! its been over a year since your say your was working on this. If this is not fix by the next update I will gladly switch the whole family to Samsung brand since they seem to care more about the clients then you guys.

OMG! When o when this useless annoying feature will be turn off! !!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I use my cam I need to delete those albums next day!

What's why Windows Phone suck so bad - you peoples don't listen to your customers and only make them feel sorry for choice it! ! Lucky in December I';; have new - any - android phone!

Come on guys! This is not an useless feature. Exactly the opposite. It is most helpful.
        The problem is to whom!
        MS new business plan is not based on delivering products and services. It is based on data mining. In other words spying on you. Just the other day One Drive created an album of all the people that are on my pics. What use do I have for that. None. But MS on the other hand has now a catalog of all people that I have pics of and can indulge in spying throw the public media and. Rest links and profiles. This is the base of MS new business model. That is why you can't disable it tracking features on Win 10, OneDrive etc. BE FOREWARNED !

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base