I suggest you ...

Automatically creating an album

Allow us to disable OneDrive automatically creating an album please. This annoys a lot of people, including me, and should be optional.

1,998 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

168 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dpdp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only way to turn it off is to log into ONEDRIVE. Something I have NEVER joined as once you sign in you have to accept more MS ******** rules. This "feature" of creating albums should not exist unless you ask for it, NOT the default!

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you finished working on this now because it's still uploading all of my pictures to one drive and I can't stand it
        This update is from last November

• NixNix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We simply don't want auto-albums, or at least give us an option to disable it! its been over a year since your say your was working on this. If this is not fix by the next update I will gladly switch the whole family to Samsung brand since they seem to care more about the clients then you guys.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG! When o when this useless annoying feature will be turn off! !!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I use my cam I need to delete those albums next day!

What's why Windows Phone suck so bad - you peoples don't listen to your customers and only make them feel sorry for choice it! ! Lucky in December I';; have new - any - android phone!

Come on guys! This is not an useless feature. Exactly the opposite. It is most helpful.
        The problem is to whom!
        MS new business plan is not based on delivering products and services. It is based on data mining. In other words spying on you. Just the other day One Drive created an album of all the people that are on my pics. What use do I have for that. None. But MS on the other hand has now a catalog of all people that I have pics of and can indulge in spying throw the public media and. Rest links and profiles. This is the base of MS new business model. That is why you can't disable it tracking features on Win 10, OneDrive etc. BE FOREWARNED !

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most useless feature ever. Between this and the lack of ability to delete from Outlook app for Android, it's obvious that Microsoft don't listen to their user base .. or they don't give a ****

• TiberiuTiberiu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had some albums of my own, now they are lost among to useless albums created automatically...

• MarcoMarco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's so ridiculous that this feature shipped without the ability of turning it off since day zero. In what world do you live??
        And how many months do you need to implement an option to turn it off?

I don't use one drive ever. and now its starting to make its own albums? Microsoft you have to get it together and realize most of us chose windows over apple years ago because we had more control over what happens on our computers with windows. you are slowly nibbleing away at that control and we are not liking it.

• AndreyAndrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just disable that useless function! It only spams my albums, nothing more. This is annoying!

• 62Charlie62Charlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Onedrive just sent me 6 emails that it created 6 different albums yesterday. Never saw this before. working on it since nov 2016?
        How do we stop this?

• HansHans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so annoying!
        First the fact that the system creates unwanted albums and I can’t turn off this “feature”. Have to delete those albums manually…
        And secondly that the system also disturbs me with unwanted, useless notifications about the album creation.

I’m using the OneDrive App on Windows and Android.

At least for the Android App there seems to be an option to turn both off
        But not via the setting menu as expected. No, well hidden in the little (i)-Icon next to my User.

But no such Option under Windows…

So please make this more user friendly!

• Joshua LegerJoshua Leger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very unwanted feature, and really should be disabled by default. There needs to be an option to disable/enable.

• Akis LaoutarisAkis Laoutaris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really, Microsoft is not capable for disabling this feature from OneDrive official app? SIX MONTHS? Do you need some help? give us the source code and we will fix it :) Come on guys... Be more serious out there...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base