I suggest you ...

Automatically creating an album

Allow us to disable OneDrive automatically creating an album please. This annoys a lot of people, including me, and should be optional.

1,450 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Album created  ·   · 
    EthanEthan shared a merged idea: Stop the stupid automatic album creation.  ·   · 
    Raphael RamosRaphael Ramos shared a merged idea: here is one.... respect privacy and stop creating albums for me.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make these albums optional. So annoying!  ·   · 
    K. R.K. R. shared a merged idea: to stop creating albums!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop making albums for me  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Option to disable automatic album creation  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP CREATING ALBUMS AUTOMATICALLY  ·   · 

110 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been months of this **** and they haven't fixed this problem? Time to more to Google

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of this feature. I am so tired of the people upstairs wanting to force their ideas on me, as to how I handle pictures!

• Denis ODenis O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure takes a long time to get rid of this annoyance! At least it's easy to remove the albums.

• chickiechickie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These albums are stupid, I have one for every day of the year, opening them could use up an hour of data time. What a lousy punishment for buying one drive. BAH!

• KPKP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just want to add to the list of people that find this to be an annoying pain **********.

• EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does deleting these albums delete the photos?

You guys are doing this so it can take up more space. And so we can buy more space.

I guess you will keep "working on it".

We've walked on the moon. We can't turn off a feature on one drive.?

• MaryMary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make correcting this problem a priority. Soooooo annoying!

• AdlerChrissAdlerChriss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until when will you work on this? You posted this on NOV16, but this is Feb17 now and Onedrive still creats these annoying albums.

are you serious about not having an option for disabling it ? YOu are working on it ? wtf, i'll chancel my sub an delete everything. going to google, bye

I agree I want to turn it off. people don't like it please remove the function or simply add turn off option.

Is there an update on this? I just searched for how to turn off this feature and couldn't believe that you can't. In addition, I am currently backing up a lot of old photos to OneDrive and it can't seem to tell when I took them as it makes a new album for me for today with all these old pictures in it.

• AliAli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just can't understand how Microsoft works... Who could have the idea of making a feature like this? It just doesn't make sense, like lots of other things that MS does with it's products.
        I mean, this "automatic album" feature, could make one album per day, week or whatever. Instead, you just don't know when it will do it. What kind of "feature" is this???
        I could even write a book with things like this that Microsoft does to it's products...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base