I suggest you ...

Automatically creating an album

Allow us to disable OneDrive automatically creating an album please. This annoys a lot of people, including me, and should be optional.

1,811 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

146 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pete FreemanPete Freeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing the voices below, get rid of this feature (and all other "automatic" features which remove end user control.

• William WilsonWilliam Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Remove this feature, or at the very least, give us control. Why in the world does this create un-movable folders? Delete feature completely, or give us control to move the album first and foremost, or designate a particular folder for these albums to be placed in. It works very well on Google photos. Copy them if you can't figure out a better way.

• AartiAarti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm afraid this automatic allbum creator is a deal breaker for me. And since I can clearly see from this forum that Microsoft hasn't fixed in a year, I'm not holding by breath. See ya OneDrive. Time to migrate.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wake up Microsoftcock! This "feature" still hasn't been fixed. Just remove it you arrogant morons

Thanks for the 4:30AM wake up notification that you created a new album for me that I'll have to delete. Why is this forced on me? 5 months ago you said you were working on a fix; come on, it doesn't take 5 months to either kill this feature or develop something to make it optional. Oh, and fire the guy that okayed spending money to develop this "feature" in the first place.

• GörayGöray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, since when have been holding the right to put unwanted folders in people's personal folders. You are annoying way too many people. If yoy think this is good business method. Good luck. You ll need it terribly.

• Lois HeichbergerLois Heichberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

been working a long time, mine WAS returned to my older system, before, then an update I didn't realize as asleep changed it bake. Mobile user only.

• Younam Kay LimYounam Kay Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please work on it faster... I like using one-drive but this automatic photo album is really annoying.. :(

• Iulian PascalauIulian Pascalau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you use OneDrive on Android, in settings menu (3 horizontal bars), Click on Personal (or the little circled i) and then disable OneDrive create photo album.

• Iulian PascalauIulian Pascalau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will cancel out my 50GB paid account and shift to an 'automatic album creation' free alternative. Bye bye OneDrive!

Please give us the option to stop the album creation by onedrive, it takes too much space and I do not need ANY of those photos. Cannot even delete them. Terribly frustrating. All the convenience of using onedrive is not worth the albums created. Hate this feature. And why is it taking you guys so long to just give us the 'STOP' feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base