I suggest you ...

Show full file/folder name

I know lots of apps use the ellipsis/three dots (...) when the text reaches a character limit, but I think it's a little annoying when you have to go to the properties of the file/folder just to see it's full name. Just make a new type of view (detailed view?) or make it as an option in settings.

296 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ali shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pedro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem is incredibly frustrating and completely prevents me from using OneDrive. Even on landscape mode, it does not show full filenames. In landscape, it is even worse as there is lots of wasted whitespace and the filename columns shows even less information.

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is similar to a request I raised. I appreciate the ... sometimes. My suggestion though is to add a third view, in addition to the current tiles and list, that does show the full file name. Surely this should be fairly easy as a single column list!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try writing a book and being unable to the see entire file name for a document. This needs to be done urgently, and it's one reason I do most of my writing in Google drive, which by the way has a nice spellchecker that actually works in Google Docs, One Drive is a clunker for word file storage.

OneDrive: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base