I suggest you ...

Improve OneDrive setup / deploy / update experience for Enterprise

Currently, the OneDrive client in Windows 10 is a per user install. Updates are installed per user and require internet access at time of running.

It would be great if the OneDrive client could be installed on a per machine basis and be updated in a similar way or using Windows Update/WSUS/ConfigMgr.

OneDrive for Business is starting to become popular with Enterprise and making them manage this per user seems a little backwards.

215 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ScottScott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We install the OneDrive client per user for the broad install base of users who aren’t managed by IT. For our managed customers, we do understand the importance of this scenario and are working on enhanced admin control for client updates which will allow you to use existing deployment tools and give you better control over the timing of updates. Look for updates soon.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a silent mode for the actual user account setup step for organizations using Azure AD Single Sign-on. The user setup does bypass the password entry step but there should be a command line install option to specify the tenent, email and silent sso setup. I think the first 2 parameters exists already but don't really do much good without the third.
        Also we would like to move the users profile folders into the OneDrive folder. There needs to be an automated (GPO) option for this. It can be done by login script but then we need to be able to detect that the onedrive user account is setup.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was a feature I was really hoping for with the new OneDrive sync client. There are a number of different discussions on how to deploy the client enterprise wide and they all have different methods to solve this problem.

Feedback and Knowledge Base