I suggest you ...

Download Bandwidth Throttling

Even though the upload bandwidth throttling through GPO is already available, the download bandwidth throttling is even more important to guarantee that operational processes are not impacted.

Please implement this as well.

298 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Glenn Van Rymenant shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have cases of people getting a new PC at a small business site with a weak network and OneDrive then consumes all of the available bandwidth thus impacting all other business processes. We have set an upload throttling policy. We need an download policy.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We could also really use this. It doesn't make sense to have one but not the other. When users get new PCs, it slams a whole bunch down on that first sync.

• Felix McKline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, when I set my client to not limit bandwidth, why is it still barely even downloading? I have 400GB to download, and it's downloading 1GB a day, when I can normally download 1GB a minute everywhere else, including Dropbox's sync client.

• Gareth Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slightly strange that there are settings in the Next Gen Sync client, so it appears an individual user can change this setting, but not via the group policy or registry

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be great to help our organization implement this solution smoothly.

• Steve Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working with Fasttrack team EMEA and we do have lots of customers exactly asking for this feature! Please make it happen! Soon! Else we do see this as a blocker for most EPG customers not to go for ODB sync client if that essential control is not available.

OneDrive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base