I suggest you ...

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

2,946 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LozLoz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

185 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this is taking so long to solve! Dear Microsoft, STOP, STOP, STOP all automatic folder creation on all platforms and do it NOW! Should be easy fix.

• Eric in OttawaEric in Ottawa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone, I've been reading the hundreds (truly) of complaints about the stupid persisting empty folders (Email attachments, etc.), and I can't help but laugh over MS' lack of interest in their customers' needs and requests. I see a four month old post from MS, stating that they are looking into the issue (finally, after hundreds of complaints spanning many months). Unsurprisingly, four months later and nothing! Frankly, my confidence in MS having actually looked into the issue is not exactly solid, and even if they did, it wouldn't have been a priority task because it's something that their clients request, not something that would make them money, therefore it would have just been bumped to the "dormant" projects. It's relatively common knowledge that MS' priorities have never been focused on customer satisfaction, but only on profitability. Similar to Google, MS has little to no interest in customer care and client satisfaction. Instead, their focus has always been on maximizing revenues, regardless of customer feedback. Anyway, my best advice to you all is to do what I am doing... cancel your Office subscription and ditch your Onedrive. I've switched to Mega.nz for cloud storage (I highly recommend!), and I'm switching to one of the many free and excellent open-source office solutions.

• VegarVegar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4 months later they are still working on it. This has been an issue for years and thousands of people have expressed their frustration. How freaking hard can it be?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It becomes very funny... now Microsoft creates auto-folder "Conversation History". As I predicted Microsoft and its employees are again not listening to customers. At least this is impression. As well as it seems the system is not working and feedback from so many irritating customers means nothing. Other company would long ago change its Admin and Team to respond to customer's expectation, but it is not the case. Very sad for Microsoft Management and their shareholders...

Do we have do open separate forum for each folder you create?
        Forum 1: stop auto-creating folder Attachment in OneDrive
        Forum 2: stop auto-creating folder Documents in OneDrive
        Forum 3: stop auto-creating folder Pictures in OneDrive
        Forum 4: stop auto-creating folder Scheduled in Outlook
        Forum 5: stop auto-creating folder Archive in Outlook
        Forum 6: stop auto-creating ANY folder in Outlook and OneDrive.
        P.S. I have question is there any level above Admin who seems not to be able to solve this issue for so long time? Can't we ask involvement of any decision maker with a responsibility?

There is really interesting and funny people in Microsoft. After wave of requests to stop auto creating folders that people don't need as they want to decide themselves what to do, Outlook is now adding periodically auto created folders such as Scheduled, Archive, etc.. Who needs them? Please show any request with so many votes from customers who asked to do it. Isn't company doing products for people and its customers or for itself? Please read the story of Kodak and you will understand why it was bankrupted... Simpy because they did not listen to clients and market trends.. Sometimes there is impression and Bill Gates is no more in the company and it is managed by some non-visionary people...

• RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes PEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop with this and let the user dicide if he or she wants a folder, we are all grown up adults !!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So glad I found this forum.. to know I'm not alone in being annoyed! Please please stop creating these unwanted folders!

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

really really really annoying - it's been years now - come on Microsoft !!!!!!

What is the status of this? Also I keep removing the Documents folder, since I'm not using it, and it keeps coming back. Also if I put a picture in my "Pictures" folder, it's because I'm saving it. I don't need an additional folder called "Saved Pictures".

How about just don't auto create folders at all?

I have a question t clarify what we are waiting for so long - I presume MS Team is working to disable ANY automatic folder creation, such as, not limited to, Attachments, Documents, Pictures or ANY other? Please confirm to be sure next time there wont be a newly invented by MS folder that will be created automatically

This happens on iphone onenote, iphone office suite of apps too.... extremely annoying !!! Stop creating folders without my consent please.

• I can'tI can't commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This didn't happen when it was just skydrive before. I dunno why you felt you had to shoehorn this super special attachments folder. Do people really create folders for things they've attached in emails? and if they did, do they really wanna place it in the main directory? Tell me, when did this insight happen? when did a brilliant microsoft employee suddenly just went "BAZINGA! We have to create persistent non removable folders in our cloud storage, especially for ATTACHMENTS!"

• PioPio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I DON'T WANT THOSE ******* EXTRA FOLDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

OneDrive: OneDrive.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base