I suggest you ...

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

1,447 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LozLoz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mario PartyMario Party commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a professional product acts like a amateur thing like this! please stop creating that ***** folder

• RiccardoRiccardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using an always-on Mac with Hazel to automatically delete the folder. I don't think this should be the fix to an issue reported almost 5 months ago.

• Ahmed SalehAhmed Saleh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I've been searching all over to permanently delete the "email attachments" folder on one drive and no clue how it was created or how to disable it. This is frustrating and unprofessional from whoever created this feature!

• Doug ScottDoug Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to quit using One Drive because it changes the external links in worksheets so please fix this problem and the email attachment folder problem so I won't keep getting emails about them.

• KeithKeith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in agreement with all of the many others on this page. I do not use the email attachments folder and do not want to see it on my OneDrive. Please allow for the folder to be permanently removed. Thank you.

• LiamLiam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear OneDrive Program Team,

For the past two weeks or so, an "Attachments" folder is automatically re-created in my OneDrive for Business folder every time I delete it. I don't want it and won't use it. How can I stop it from being re-created? Is it possible to turn this feature off for good?
        It might seem a minor issue but as a daily user of OneDrive it's making me consider a file storage system that doesn't auto-populate your folder with empty folders that you don't require. There were three of them there last week!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more! Please stop creating folders. I tried three times to save a template to a specific drive and folder, my Save As was completely ignored and I couldn't find the template without a search of shared network files. I thought I'd lost my mind, but it wasn't me at all.

• RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop the auto re-creation of email and documents folders after they have been deleted....this is so annoying

• Mick HuttonMick Hutton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will you please, please, please stop auto-creating the email attachments folder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or any other folder come to that.

If you haven't already worked it out no-one wants auto created folders, so just stop bloody well doing it.

Thank You!!!

• Troy KranzTroy Kranz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not create any folder automatically, ever! I have my folder structure set up how I want it and I do not want Microsoft randomly creating folders, such as "email attachments" or "Excel Templates".

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to the below comment - I've just tried moving "Camera Roll" and my pictures continued syncing to the moved folder. So seems you can move these default folders to where it works for you.

I've used onedrive.com to move the folder, but might be same thing from desktop client.

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can move the "Email Attachements" folder to a different location in OneDrive and OneDrive will keep using the moved folder for the attachments and does not create a new one. You can move it somewhere obscure if you want - I've moved it somewhere where it made sense for me.

I no longer remember how I've moved the folder, but I think it would be though the desktop client directly. I did that move some time ago though, I don't know if things still work the same way.

I realize that this solution might not work for everyone here, but works well for me.

(I'm a Microsoft employee, but I don't work in the area and don't have any special knowledge here - this comment is a consumer observation)

• LozLoz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Douglas as wonderful as you are it should say by ya name ...
        DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT rather than thinking about it lol

Whilst I have ya attention.. when you click on and are viewing an image full screen be great to have MOVE or copy to folder option along the ribbon options ;)
        Cheers

• AnonAnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's truly stunning. One of the greatest things about previous iterations of Windows was that it pretty much allowed full customization on the user's end. This is what made computer savvy people like MS.

But now, the latest iterations insist on treating the user as some sort of neanderthal who has never used a digital device before. Please Microsoft, let us create the folders we need.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been months and the only response from Microsoft is "Thanks for the suggestion." No progress update or anything. This is when I make a change to pay for Google Drive services.

• AnouckAnouck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! It's so annoying and I don't want to delete it only to have it reappearing the next time I open OneDrive

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove this **** email attachments folder
        just like Documents folder in OneDrive Personal

← Previous 1 3 4 5

OneDrive: OneDrive.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base