I suggest you ...

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

3,816 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

255 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And another year is past...thanks for listening to our customer requests M$...great job.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, how long does it take to provide an update which can remove a stupid feature? Apparently more than a year

• TFI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE stop adding useless stuff to our private environment!! How can I get rid of this?

I can't believe it's been over a year since this thread and they still haven't made this optional. If it wasn't for this being offered for free from Uni, I'd abandon OneDrive in a heartbeat.

Please let us remove this folder and stop automatically adding it back. It is always empty. It is always there. It is always annoying. We will never want this. We will never use this.

I am religiously fighting the auto-creation of this stupid folder. I won't let you win MicroStupidsoft.

• Olivier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have no idea how this wasn't impacting me until this week, but now for some reason whenever I attach a file from a folder on my PC which is synced with OneDrive, it adds it to the email as a copy. OK. I guess, except that if I want to attach the file as a link to the OneDrive file, I have to 'Upload to OneDrive' which then uploads it to and shares it from an 'Attachments' folder. This is beyond stupid, because now I have 2 copies of the same file in OneDrive - and it's not like I can just delete the copies in the Attachments folder because they're now being shared with people.

Just to add to the lunacy, if I then try to send the same file from the 'Attachments' folder in another email, it attaches it as a copy again, with the option to 'Upload to OneDrive' - which, if I am foolish enough to try, it uploads yet another copy in the attachments folder.

Microsoft, what fresh **** is this?!

Please tell me there's some way of disabling this default behaviour? I'm sure that I used to be able to attach a file then choose whether it was attached as a link or a copy?!

I don't care if Microsoft want to create a redundant folder in my OneDrive, but please give me the choice to disable this utterly redundant 'feature'.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any other "feature" that has garnered this long a run of angry customers? Clippy comes to mind.

• Bill Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this issue. It is annoying, everyone wants you to stop. PLEASE for the love of everything pure in this world, stop creating folders.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started using OneDrive a few days ago. Too much of a bother and super frustrated with the random folders (i.e. attachments) which are created Shifting back to Dropbox which has worked great for years.

• Otávio Al'ban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than 6 months after the response, it still creates 'documents' and 'attachments' folders daily no matter how many times we erase them...

• Daryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed: Please, don't let your apps and plugins create anything automatically.
        Yes, there are users who want to have anything done for them, and they don't mind if their PCs are like an untidy bedroom. But for all others it's an annoying task, to work against the next "MS improvements" again and again and to keep their system clean.
        MS simply doesn't understand, that the user wants to decide about his system and organization.
        Please: learn to communicate such "improvements" and make them selectable!

Last updated: June 2017. Common Microsoft, this should be a simple fix. It has been demanded by over 3,600 users, and is one of the greatest voted items of all time! PAY ATTENTION TO US. I'm moving to Google until this is resolved. ***** Microsoft.

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

237 comments and I bet NOT one from Microsoft.

They are doing NOTHING on this at all - we get loads of other marginally beneficial updates.

Really rubbish to be honest

Hi I've noticed your comment that you're working on it but the date is June 6th 2017 surely it doesn't take this long to resolve the problem and could we have regular updates on when the problem will be resolved.
        Thank you.

• Lewis Forbes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does this even count as a suggestion? I feel like I'm misunderstanding something - please just give us the option!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

OneDrive: OneDrive.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base