I suggest you ...

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

3,237 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

207 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Onedrive is such a piece of MS ****. Stop making folders on MY system. And BTW, the files on MY system are MY master files and the Onedrive files are synced copies. When I turn off Onedrive, the Onedrive files are not synced with MY files. Stop acting like everything belongs to MS.

• Katherine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop creating folders for me and other. It is unneeded and unwanted.
        Thank you.
        :)

• Duri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop all automatic folder creation on all platforms. Please. Nobody need this. Erverybody is annoyed.

• Help Microsoft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this still an issue? It seems to be getting MORE aggressive now too... like it was created every week or two before, now it is daily...

• >.>.> commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they have now created a new folder music with the other two attachments and documents.

• annoyed annoymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would wonder when will the 5, 6, 7 kicks in. I hope someday u may create folders like "half baked updates from microsoft", "forced updates from microsoft", "spams from microsoft about having an update". Stop!!! i dont want new features, give users an option to opt out of having these features or so called convenience.

• annoyed annoymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and now thanks for adding desktop to this parody. Really thx, instead of deleting 2 folders in the past, now i have to delete 4 folders every 3 hours. Thank you for fulfilling my gratification of deleting things

• MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. No attachments folder please! While youre at it - NO DOCUMENTS folder either.

Theres really no good reason to ever force folders on users.

• Irritated User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy! Why are you still forcing your users of Onedrive to have folders they don't want? Clearly the users have spoken and are very outspoken about this issues... FIX IT MICROSOFT!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The email attachment folder is a huge issue for me as well. Most of the email attachments that are saved I use one time only, then I don't need them. Then it becomes an issue of having too many documents saved that have no purpose.

Also, I don't like the auto save feature for documents. I often type up a few sentences to cut and paste into a different web-based program, and the document is automatically saved. Soon I will have hundreds of documents with no titles that will need to be deleted. Deleting documents is extremely time-consuming as well, not user-friendly and requires multiple steps in order to delete one useless document that should never have been saved in the first place. Stop the autosaving! Users are intelligent enough to know if they want to save a document.

• Matthias Viranyi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft! Please stop thinking you have great ideas. Its hindering, frustrating and lowers trust. As many users pointed out, they are in control of what resides in their OneDrive, SharePoint whatever. And with this you should never, even thought of, play. You want to be taken seriously? Stop childish features that no-one needs and finally fix all the things that you didn't do for over 10 years.

The engineers at Microsoft must be real flipping daft. Who the heck thought this was a good thing to do? It's been 3 years now and no fix in sight?! #WTF

Fix it or am taking my business elsewhere!

+1000 this is so stupid and especially stupid that i have to explain this folder for every user in our company. They all think they must put their files into that folder..

I've found a fix.

If you enable the app "Flow" it creates a connection with your OneDrive and outlook. you can then go into "manage your flows" and delete those links. Then disable "Flow" and it will confirm you have removed it all.

This has fixed the issue for me.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

OneDrive: OneDrive.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base