I suggest you ...

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

2,580 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LozLoz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

153 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to comment on the vote where I also participated. 2,550 votes were received for the following request: "Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder. Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!! I choose what goes in my drive! If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would create one .. its annoying having to delete them every time i come bk to onedrive" and seems to be one of the most voted request. If I remember correctly, after quite a long time Douglas (Group Program Manager, Microsoft) posted that the issue is solved (later he changed the post, deleted previous one and states he is still working on it). I asked Microsoft and they confirmed that option to opt auto generating folders related only to Photos, which is irrelevant as the voting was for email attachments. I believe the request of customers and mine relates to ANY folder auto-created by MS.

• Mel AdamsMel Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now I see that you have been working on it since January 26. What is the progress?

• Mel AdamsMel Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is now 38 days since you said you are working on it. When will it be complete?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, also, am sick and tired of having to go in and delete my attachments!!!! Leave our stuff alone!!!!! Your attempt to 'control' us can have dire consequences if any of our personal information is spread around!

• SuzanneSuzanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to say that I like the folder. Where else would the attachments be saved to unless a folder was created called exactly what it is, Email attachments. The other option of course would be to be asked where the attachment file should be saved to, but until that happens, this is a good solution in my view.

Now I don't know if everyone gets an Email attachments folder, even if you don't use the feature??If yes, then it's kind of like the clutter folder in outlook that is created even when you don't use the clutter feature, so I see that point for sure but we need to take the bad with the good sometimes!

If you don't like the folder and their solution, then don't use their features! Complaining like ******** is not the solution. This is a wicked feature that I'm happy to have, only small adjustments are needed, and if we don't have updates to download and install then what will we do!?

• daradara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop with I cloud lock phone I want email Nut.dara68@gmail.com unlock phone I want a folder called email attachment's I would I want delete all them I cloud lock phone I come beak to onedriver

+1000 every time i show OneDrive for users they say "so i put my files into Attachments folder?". This is super confusing and annoying. And for non English users it even create two folders, Attachments and one in user's language..

• KristyKristy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE fix this!!! It is unacceptable to autogenerate a folder for us!!! The way you create folders does not match the way I create folders and it makes me crazy to have to work around it all the time!

• Lewis EigenLewis Eigen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to allow us to do it, but I think the reaction is a little excessive. it's not a big deal to even live with it and not use it. The Microsoft Team thought it would be helpful to many and not annoy others; they were wrong. Big Deal. Look at all the things they got right. Your comment is like the critic who was shown a talking dog and all he could do was criticize the accent.

These are great products that have a few flaws like anything else. Cool it.

Please Microsoft, do something! I don´t even have my e-mail account linked to onedrive. This two folders are so annoying....

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

OneDrive: OneDrive.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base