I suggest you ...

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

1,008 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LozLoz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is VERY annoying!! Why is OneDrive doing this and OneDrive for Business is not??

Please remove this feature.

As a paying business customer for Office 365 this is inappropriate to force a folder creation. Please remove this folder at once.

I agree with OP. Please provider users with an option to stop the Email Attachments folder from being auto-created.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys are doing so great, and small things like this ruins such a great product. I will consider other options if this useless, annoying folder stops creating itself in my OneDrive.

What happened to user customization?

Imagine opening your bag and finding a random useless folder or document. You throw it away, and it keeps reappearing... And then you realize the bag that you have is becoming annoying, so you change bags. That's exactly what's gonna happen soon.

If I want an e-mail attachments folder, I will gladly create it myself. Stop integrating emailing services with OneDrive, or allow the ability to disable it at least.

As many others, I do not need this folder and I am deleteing al lthe time. Please make it possible not to have this folder auto-created again and again. Thanks.

agree. Its nuts to create a documents folder in a document management system!
        these default foders drive me crazy

• Craig LiebelCraig Liebel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook Mobile app seems to be the culprit when you also have the OneDrive app installed. As opposed to Outlook OWA, Outlook Mobile does not have an Attachments Preferences option. One solution is to remove the OneDrive account from from Outlook but then you won't be able to attach any OneDrive files to emails or save received attachments to OneDrive.

The way to keep the Email Attachments folder off of your PC's OneDrive folder is to unselect "Email attachments" in the OneDrive "Choose Folders" setting. But it will still appear in the OneDrive web folder.

Another case of a Microsoft "feature" being more of an annoyance than a benefit. Clippy lives!

I delete this ******* folder every day. Why is there no option to stop the creation of the folder.

• Craig LiebelCraig Liebel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto - with the same number of exclamation points! Another Microsoft "feature" nobody asked for and nobody wants.

Seriously guys - it's been months - do we have to move to Google Drive if your lazy butts can't fix a simple request?!?!?!

← Previous 1 3 4

OneDrive: OneDrive.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base