I suggest you ...

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

3,899 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

270 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JasonV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this folder being auto-created???? As a paying customer, please fix and allow me to delete!

• A bored user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very annoying feature. Stop it. People choose their own OneDrive folders. Always have to delete things that I don't want.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They aren't working on it. He's just fobbing us off. Hence the lack of progress reports ;)

Douglas: it does not take one year to stop a single folder from being automatically created every day. Try: 10 minutes?

• DANYOU MICROSOFT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this still a thing? They have been working on this for almost a year?!?

STOP AUTO-CREATING THIS FOLDER! NEVER AUTO-CREATE FOLDERS!

• Pedersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft, please stop auto creation of folders, i think most users are old enough to decide by themselves which folders they need, thank you.

• New Google User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found a solutions everyone! I started using GOOGLE DRIVE and guess what? GOOGLE doesn't do this and they actually listened to their users!

GET IT TOGETHER MICROSOFT!!!! ALMOST 4000 VOTES NOW!!!!

How do you delete it? I can only see it from Outlook, and there i can't delete the files, much less the folder!

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jose you have a hella good point. That’s what I’m going to do.

• Jose Medina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I had the same problem but I found a solution: folders never disappear but you can rename them. Give them the name of a folder you want to have and use it normally.
        Regards.

• Jakob Olsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop auto creating folders in OneDrive!!!
        I want to decide for myself how my folder structure should be!!!

• Dave Wolax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If its one thing I gotta do after turning on my PC is to delete that annoying attachments folder. every single day.

• Sina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

O my god I thought it was my problem only, i'm deleting them everyday, but its coming again
        Attachment , documents and others...
        please stop it

How can I stop microsoft from creating duplicate files labeled 'desktop?

How can I delete the 'attachment folder' from appearing in the top level onedrive?

Can I prevent both of these problems by switching to Dropbox?

Thanks

Working on it. Hahaha! Good one. I find OneDrive, which I never asked for or wanted in the first place, to be very confusing. From not paying close attention to what Microsoft was doing, I found I had multiple copies of the same file that I wasn't consistently updating. For example, one time I'd modify a file on OneDrive (without realizing it) and the next time I'd modify the same file on my PC. Then I would look at the file from OneDrive and be puzzled as to why my edit wasn't there. This became somewhat problematic, as you'd imaging, when the file was a list of my various account passwords! Further compounding the issue is the email attachments folder, which somehow contains another copy of the same file (I think). I really hate Microsoft developers because, as others have mentioned, they don't work in the real world, they don't ask their users what they want, and they don't fix what they've broken. They suck.

Your developers obviously never worked in a real office. This is a silly option that I can't imagine any professional using.

OneDrive: OneDrive.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base