I suggest you ...

Duplicate files/photos ( duplicates )

Like other suggestions I would like a way to not have duplicate files/photos, to save space.

Can we have some specific way to:

1) run a "duplicate" search that can automatically delete files/photos based on a name, size and date
2) search for duplicates and then list them all in name order, showing name, size and date to then give option to review then delete
3) a file compare search for similar looking files, then the option to delete one(s)

3,980 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have File Resource monitor report like feature.
        Could be per user or for the whole admin.
        then you could find dupicates not only for one user but for the whole Company AND also find maybe BIG files or "not allowed" files lurking at your Companys file-storage (although it does not take any storage at your own servers you ar still liable for its content).

• killmeknow50killmeknow50 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just turned off the sync setting and auto upload for Onedrive. I save to the cloud manually which is not that big a deal since I don't take pictures often. Everything with Windows for me, is a pain **********. Never should have purchased a Windows phone. Sorry, didn't mean to rant...lol

• Lisa CoffeyLisa Coffey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make sure their is a select file to keep and that it can be run manually . also incorporate a duplicate photo finder and it would also be nice if there was a way that eliminated duplicates from being backed up
        Thanks
        http://driverwhiz.com/

• Jason MaedlJason Maedl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just two cents... This is not a problem on Windows Phone. My wife has over 50,000 photos and has never had a problem. As for other apps duplicating photos, that is the problem of the app saving a copy of he image, not OneDrive's fault.

• Luca FabbriLuca Fabbri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a great idea, but I suggest a "bit level comparison" (example: file hash comparison); in this way even if you have different photo name, different creation/modification date but equal photos, they could be discovered and marked as duplicated.

Don't send duplicates and triplicates and quadricaplites and fivedriplicates and son on and so forth.

Would be great for iCloud to recognize duplicate photos and not download duplicate photos.

• TroopPapaTroopPapa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2.000.000 Votes for that! I hate this sh**. Phone Pictures are synced and whatsapp snyced to onedrive. If i take a photo on my phone, it gets uploaded. Great! After that i send that pic with whatsapp. Whatsapp upload that pic again to onedrive -.-

Or: You want to hard reset your phone. First you take a whatsapp backup. After the reset you say whatsapp "yes please use that backup". And all photos from the backup, witch are already on onedrive, will be downloaded to my phone. After that the phone start du upload that pics to onedrive, and whatsapp will start to upload that pics to onedrive -.-. So i have now 3-4 versions from the same pics >.>.

Oh and one shi* more: Every time the same pic get a new timestamp. so its ultra hardcore to filter and/or delete that duplicated pictures...

I use multiple devices and have the auto upload function switched on. It would be great if the system could remove duplicate picture.

• Lynn'eLynn'e commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Saves Time delving through thousand of Photos to delete duplicated photos

← Previous 1 3 4 5

OneDrive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base