I suggest you ...

Disable Sharing in OneDrive for Business ENTIRELY

For our company it's a Must-Have to be have the option to disable the sharing on ODfB entirely (also tenant internal).
This is to prevent users from setting up project or team workspaces in their own user drives.
A similar idea was posted here, but since it was not splitted up by the user, I posted this new one.
https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/11382111-disable-sharing

88 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SPRubiSPRubi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sebastian RogersSebastian Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In business we need to release files only to the direct partner and not allow them to share it on.

A critical feature for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A second vote for what Tim says. Education has some pretty specific requirements but they are common among educational establishments. Controlling what and how students share files has child protection / cyber bullying implications. Come on Microsoft!!!

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a School Network Manager, this too is a must. We dont want students sharing files with other students.

We are happy for staff to share files between staff and students.

Also the option for groups to share files. So students can share files with staff, staff can share files with students but students cannot share files with students.

Please implement this feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IT would like provide personal backup and don't allow share external and internal. They concern about data privacy

• DuaneDuane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the process of moving from google apps to 365. As an Admin I hated google drive and how messy and unmanageable everything got. SharePoint solves this problem while OneDrive enables it. Will out explicit user training and disciplined policing I'll have the Wild West of documents again.

• Jan EnterJan Enter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, we want our users to use SharePoint for file collaboration, but we migrated from google apps to office 365 and they are so used to just cross share files instead of nesting them where they belong.

Feedback and Knowledge Base