I suggest you ...

Enable sync client to allow editable synching of team sites with mandatory metadata columns

As at 23rd Jan 2017 the newly relased One Drive for Business synch client enables synching of Team sites BUT if any libraries have mandatory meta data or require check out, the synched folder/library is read only. This cripples collaboration by teams on documents. This needs to be fixed

482 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark MooreMark Moore shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leigh BrownLeigh Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs sorting as soon as possible.
        Complete nightmare trying to work with SharePoint documents in a local copy of excel or word.

• Ricardo DiazRicardo Diaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even though the document libraries are not marked as required to check out files, pressing the edit button in the yellow bar that appears (at least with Excel files) doesn't work properly all the time.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how are you going to release an update that takes the original feature away. Who even does your QA?

• ILYAILYA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHATS GOING ON?! MICROSOFT!!! return back my office 365 money! WHEN you fix this ISSUE?!

• GeorgeMGeorgeM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Douglas, please provide a status update, what holdup you are addressing. This resolution is needed as it's affecting all our users who depend on the check-in/out feature to manage their shared files.

• Kambiz TahanKambiz Tahan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue shall be fixed, ASAP. Don't just think about it!!!! Take some corrective action and fix it before loosing clients.

• Janet CrabtreeJanet Crabtree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This site has helped my daughter's boy friend with his very costly ( which by the way she's paying all he has with her bed fast Father's money for he is a leech ) phone & all he orders from China to hack my computer until now I can only type on a small site - a little guest on my computer & network I pay for!! As I was searching last night till wee hrs of this morning he was fixing it & taking more off as he knew I found more accounts he had set up with AT&T also my internet com to get movies, music & etc This morning he has taken those off empty is all I pay to try & stop this NOW YOU give ME the HONEST ONE here info on how to stop HIM please Oh by the way you also helped him & his phone helped him get every email address I have with password.. Thank you.. I found your site & wrote it down

• Ben LiesfeldBen Liesfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Douglas, You are THINKING ABOUT IT? What kind of message is that? Are you retiring SharePoint support altogether?

• Rob FarnellRob Farnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just confirmed that the Creators Update 17.3.6816.0313 does NOT resolve the issue either.

• Ben DeaconBen Deacon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our sharepoint migration has been completely screwed up by this issue. This needs fixing ASAP.

• Rob FarnellRob Farnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

17.3.6799.0327 has been released, but does NOT fix this issue. Someone will have to tell me if the Creators Update 17.3.6816.0313 resolves the issue.

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft - PLEASE FIX this major BUG asap !
        Releasing Onedrive NGSC without supporting CHeck In/Check Out or Metadata is a huge step backwards. We going to have to delay our deployment for a few more months it seems.
        I hope they're going to do a bit more that "THINK ABOUT IT" !

• ErynnErynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am glad we have not completely adopted SharePoint yet because this bug is enough to make me think twice. The few documents that we have set up for collaboration, that include metadata, are vital and to have the functionality ripped out of this version to save or sync back is less than ideal. Please fix this quickly. I am guessing that most users have not been made aware of this yet since they are still on an older version, but once everyone starts getting the new sync client, I imagine there will be quite the backlash.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. This is an absolute nightmare and makes the affected SharePoint libraries virtually useless for us since we work off the local sync'd documents. C'mon Microsoft, get your product to work if you want to be taken seriously as a provider of EFSS.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base