I suggest you ...

Enable sync client to allow editable synching of team sites with mandatory metadata columns

As at 23rd Jan 2017 the newly relased One Drive for Business synch client enables synching of Team sites BUT if any libraries have mandatory meta data or require check out, the synched folder/library is read only. This cripples collaboration by teams on documents. This needs to be fixed

230 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark MooreMark Moore shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KennyKenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue really throws a spanner in the way we use SharePoint at my office, it needs to be fixed asap otherwise we may need to rethink if SharePoint is the platform we want to use for file collaboration

• Abby TaylorAbby Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this is a huge hindrance and has rendered a majority of our SPO site useless to many of our users who rely on their synced files for collaboration. We were forced to switch to the new sync client when all was working correctly, only to be faced with a number of road blocks. I fully appreciate the new ability to be able to select which files to sync, however, at the cost of an even more crucial function. Please fix soon!

• PRPPRP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Causes major issues when working with files. Switched to modern view to fix some issues just for this one to creep up.

• Lance GreenwoodLance Greenwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show stopper here too, was eagerly awaiting the new client to fix the file number limitations but now this sends us backwards again.

• LarsLars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree in all critical statments here. It's the same with versioning! In our Organisation we realy need the versioning Feature for all SharePoint-Libaries - so far non-publishes (secondary) can't be synchronized with the NGSC!
        So the NGSC is a completely no-go for us at the moment. The previous Groove-Client has no problems to synch non-publishes Versions.
        Please change!!!

• Darren WolfeDarren Wolfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If applying metadata to documents is a core function of Sharepoint and indeed critical for structural organisation and search, why on earth is this functionality not in the next gen client?

• RHRH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot believe this functionality is not working. We are trying to migrate users to the new OneDrive agent, but this is a complete show stopper

• Mark MooreMark Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Rob Farnell - Agreed the problem was in the notes, but a long way down and not aknowledged as a "Bug" - I had the luxury of having direct communication with an MS rep over this while it was in preview and they would NOT aknowledge this as a bug, which it most certainly is when a change in your software affects thousands of yoru existing customers

• Rob FarnellRob Farnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem has been acknowledged here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-started-syncing-SharePoint-sites-with-the-new-OneDrive-sync-client-6de9ede8-5b6e-4503-80b2-6190f3354a88
        When syncing libraries that require check out, or libraries with required columns or metadata, the files are synced as read-only. If you do make changes to these files, the changes will not be synced back to Office 365.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we have the same problem, cannot edit files sincronized by new onedrive client....we need a urgent answer!

• RzRz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one drive becomes useless with out this ability... checking out and checking back in is out only method of collaboration at this time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. The check-in/check-out functionality is essential to our business processes. This is a show-stopper for us.

• Gavin Busuttil-ReynaudGavin Busuttil-Reynaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this is so fundamental to a collaboration on 'high stakes' documentation where revision and release status is critical, that I am amazed that the client was ever released without this functionality operational!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base