I suggest you ...

Enable sync client to allow editable synching of team sites with mandatory metadata columns

As at 23rd Jan 2017 the newly relased One Drive for Business synch client enables synching of Team sites BUT if any libraries have mandatory meta data or require check out, the synched folder/library is read only. This cripples collaboration by teams on documents. This needs to be fixed

125 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark MooreMark Moore shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. The check-in/check-out functionality is essential to our business processes. This is a show-stopper for us.

• Gavin Busuttil-ReynaudGavin Busuttil-Reynaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this is so fundamental to a collaboration on 'high stakes' documentation where revision and release status is critical, that I am amazed that the client was ever released without this functionality operational!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical for uptake and was broadly working on some libraries last week but not now. If my teams can't edit from their synchronised folders, they'll stop using the resource altogether and go back to having saved versions in their own folders creating versioning issues.

This needs to be fixed asap!

Feedback and Knowledge Base