I suggest you ...

Enable syncing of files across O365 organizations

Many customers wan't the option to collaborate with OneDrive cross o365 organization, and have the option to sync the shared files with OneDrive. Right now you are only able to sync files shared within your own o365 organization. Right now the only option is to browse to the shared link and access the files. Trying to use "sync" will result in an error in OneDrive (next gen sync client) as shown in attached file.

258 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Steinar KarlsenSteinar Karlsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't realise this functionality was missing from the new OneDrive Sync client. It is absolutely essential for us to be able to sync from other Office 365 organisations and we regularly used this feature with the old sync client.

• KKKK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's ridiculous that this is only "On your radar", this is absolutely the most essential functionality for team sharing to be useful. Nobody wants to log in to web browser to access files in a shared folder!!!

• Mikael MorvanMikael Morvan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Non mais c'est n'importe quoi. A quoi pensent les designers d'applications ?
        L'air de rien on enlève "la killer feature" qui existait sur groove. Et après on s’étonne que les partenaires et les clients en on marre du changement tous les trois mois...
        Ce n'est pas une suggestion, c'est une fonctionnalité que vous avez retiré, merci de la remettre !!!!

Angry partner !

• Oliver WyckOliver Wyck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sadly due to the lack of this function which used to work fine, our customers are moving more and more to dropbox.
        How can a customer collaborate otherwise wisely?

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This used to work on previous versions and needs to be reinstated in the current version. It is a must for any business, as we have had to move some drives back to dropbox because this feature was removed in the current One Drive version.

• Luis PascualLuis Pascual commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, this is a must!

It is terrible that you can't share and synchronize information between companies that collaborate together, it greatly limits the scope of OneDrive (Bussines) and will make everyone search and use other solutions such as dropbox.

It will be the death of OneDrive.

• uservoiceuservoice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive Team - you are nearly there. Well done on adding Sharepoint document library syncing to the latest OneDrive client. Finally we can retire the OneDrive for Business app. Once this feature above is added to the new client we can migrate all our customers away from Dropbox. How long will this take to implement?

• GRaham HydeGRaham Hyde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is terrible! We cannot collaborate between different companies using the super Awesome OneDrive sync solution. Now, this has been demoted to a 'just OK' solution. No point in Sharepoint, users are more intelligent than just booking in and out. Users need something more dynamic and I agree with Tommy, Dropbox is the solution. Pass me the abacus over please!

• Steinar KarlsenSteinar Karlsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@tech, I get same error trying to sync from a sharepoint library from another organization when at the same time syncing files from my own organization.

• TechTech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what SharePoint Online document libraries are used for.

Feedback and Knowledge Base