I suggest you ...

Sync of SPO Doc Libraries from IE browser doesn't work with NGSC, Chrome does

I have tested the new NGSC for months now and there are a few major issues causing us problems.

1. Even with now supporting sync of SharePoint Online Document libraries, the experience is not working within Internet Explorer. When you click the "Sync" button from either classic or Modern UX you are prompted to "Sign In" the experience takes you to a page telling you to "connect your onedrive" which is already done as I have my actual OneDrive for Business files syncing (selectively). Google Chrome works perfect with Document Libraries from SharePoint Online (and allows selective sync) as well as your personal OneDrive for Business and selective sync - this part seems nailed down. It's the cross-browser experience that is suffering.

2. There is no ability, still, to Sync with SharePoint On-Prem. This is extremely disappointing as most medium/large organizations have invested lots of money in SharePoint on-prem and are looking for ways to move to the cloud. This lack of feature and ability to quickly move content between environments through Document Library Syncing is terrible. Telling your users that, a workaround is to install multiple OneDrive clients, is not a solution for business users who struggle with technology already.

Thanks!

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Greg JonesGreg Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...