I suggest you ...

OneDrive For Business Context Menu Sharing / Copy Link

As already several times mentioned we (the customers) need the ability to share / copy a link to a folder or file within the context menu (right click on the folder or file).

This is an attempt to summarize the others ideas and get this idea upvoted, so Microsoft actually implements our wish.

Also mentioned in this idea: https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/11356212-give-us-onedrive-for-business-context-menu-options we are in desperate need of this and with this idea "splitted up" for only sharing / copy link.

Below and idea of the context menu from myself / Implementation in the ribbon of Windows Explorer also good idea:

240 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PatrickPatrick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently completed the rollout of the new sharing experience on Windows and Mac. Please make sure you’re running the OneDrive sync client and then open the context menu on a file or folder in OneDrive. You’ll see a new Share command there!

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChittaranjanChittaranjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First they tout that the "New OneDrive" client is better than the legacy one and then they "force-stop" the older one from working with libraries that are synced just the one time with the new client!

All the while the most-used feature of Context Menu is removed and thereby forcing users to spend few more clicks and minutes on going to the browser, logging in with 2FA (most enterprises have this for security) and then access the shared file link from the browser!!!

Seriously, what cretaceous era period use case is this and who approved this in the first place?!?

• Lance S.Lance S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Laughable that this isn't implemented in a software that is supposed to compete with Dropbox. It is the absolute #1 feature in any modern cloud storage solution from the perspective of maintaining an efficient user workflow. Even the basic ones that are offered by some NAS drive manufacturers had this on release (and still have it).

• JohanJohan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can only say it again. Will be a great workflow improvement to get this feature back. Please, please, please make it an MVP so we can have something at all.

• JDJD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Giving this all the votes I can. It's utterly ridiculous that this context menu option was removed. The ONLY way to get a shareable link for a file in a sync'ed Sharepoint folder is to open up the folder in a browser and get a link. Horrific user experience!

• Martijn StolkMartijn Stolk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not everyone uses the Windows Explorer, so the ribbon support should be an extra feature instead of an alternative solution.

Feedback and Knowledge Base