I suggest you ...

On-Demand Sync for Mac

Please bring on-demand sync for mac (placeholders).

4,114 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samuel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    thinking about it  ·  Douglas Pearce responded  · 

Thanks for the suggestion. We’re all excited about Files On-Demand and would love to see it come to the Mac.

168 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so great, I would move all of our users off Google Drive and onto OneDrive if we could get this one feature implemented

• Charlie Rube commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please update us on this. I'm trying to sell Office365\sharepoint to our GSuite users as the new company 'file server' but need this feature.

• Tim Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be fantastic to see this. We run a mixed platform school and files-on-demand has finally made it feasible for students to bring a small capacity device. Having 1TB storage in OneDrive is great but if you only have a 64 or 128GB SSD and have to rely on uploading and downloading files this really messes up workflow. Problem solved for Windows users now Mac users lagging behind.

• Zoltan Bagyon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely needed to provide consistent user experience on the different platforms in an enterprise environment.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft you are killing your self with not doing this. Do you want some people using your service or as many as possible. Ball is in your court now.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft please hurry up with this, multiple Mac users complaining that the disks are getting full.

• Aldyth Maharsha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope microsoft working in this ASAP, I'm using onedrive as my primary cloud storage....I would love to have this feature like on windows 10 please make it happen

• Marcus Lambert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a deal breaker for me, I 1/2 my staff on PCs and 1/2 on Macs.
        Dropbox has this feature across mac and pc's and would be the way to go.

• treha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there a plan to support this or not. I am completely fine with an answer that is "We do not plan to support Files on demand till 2019"

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google drive can do this. We really need this feature please and thank you

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? It's been about a year, many competitors are using this service now - it's greatly needed.

• Kristan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please hurry up and implement a version of Files On-Demand for Mac, this is preventing us from moving to Onedrive, and Teams. We wont be moving away from Mac, just so we can do this, so we wait.................and wait........and wait for it to be added to the product roadmap?

I finally had to delete my top level OneDrive folder from my Mac to be able to work. Since it cannot sync any more, I am just hoping that it does not mess up the on-line files.

This is probably the most important reason for using the cloud!! There is something very wrong if I have to work hard to keep files only in the cloud. It is so easy to do this on DropBox.

Is there any estimate on when this will be available?

• Ron Mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely needs to happen. I see no reason why this feature would not be available for Mac. Please make this happen Microsoft.

• Andrew England commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen on Mac so the user experience on all platforms is equal. We are a university with a large number of Mac and PC who are looking to use OneDrive for Business for all file storage.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

OneDrive: Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base