I suggest you ...

On-Demand Sync for Mac

Please bring on-demand sync for mac (placeholders).

1,487 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samuel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chase Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have! Please get this going. Files On-Demand exceeded our want for an Online-Only mode, now bring the same to Mac OS. We're going to be implementing OneDrive for storage and this is not homogeneous for the environment for silly Mac users to not have the same capability.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With on-demand sync for Mac we'll finally be able to sunset our onprem file server and complete our user migration to OneDrive.

With a mixed mac / Windows org, we need consistency across the feature set. Please bring the mac version in line with window

• L. Brent Gilmore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am currently uploading all of my OD files to GDrive for the FileStream functionality. I dont want to leave but Ive almost maxed out the 1TB SSD on my mac - need this soon or I gotta go to GSuite.

Customers are looking for DropBox for business as an alternative to OneDrive. We would like to keep everything under one roof if possible.

Please introduce this feature. Most of our clients have at least one Mac. It's causing us all sorts of problems with deploying O365 to them.

I have several clients with Mac's and this is really holding up our deployments. Particularly as they have SSD hard drives.

I too need this feature, we have 45 mac clients that want to migrate to OneDrive but can't because they all have 128/256gb hard disks.

Please could this be looked into asap as this is really holding up our O365 deployments.

• MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I realize this isnt a support forum, but I have a quick question;

Asking for on-demand for Macs implies its already available for Windows is that true?

To be clear, Im looking for the ability to not sync to the desktop. Would love folders on the desktop to just go directly to the cloud - saving C drive storage.

Thanks, anyone!

• NickO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a killer-feature for consumers. I'm forever tweaking which folders to sync in OneDrive to preserve precious SSD space.

Only the professional version of DropBox ( Smart Sync ) has anything similar to On-Demand Sync.

In interim solution would be a clean way to mount OneDrive as a network drive.

• NickO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a killer-feature for consumers. I'm forever tweaking which folders to sync in OneDrive to preserve precious SSD space.

Only the professional version of DropBox has anything similar ( Smart Sync ).

In interim solution would be a clean way to mount OneDrive as a network drive.

Many of customers executive leadership teams use Mac and I get this request often and it keeps Google drive, DropBox and Box in play.

• Michael Cummins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our whole team loves this, and so do our customers.

We're looking forward to also rolling it out to our Mac clients. Every office has some.

← Previous 1 3

OneDrive: Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base