I suggest you ...

On-Demand Sync for Mac

Please bring on-demand sync for mac (placeholders).

602 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SamuelSamuel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CharlieXCharlieX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be a feature of the OneDrive service (both personal and OD4B) not a feature of Windows. They should have this Win or Mac just as Google File Stream is OS agnostic.

• Donald NashDonald Nash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google has Drive File Stream for Windows and Mac. Box has Drive (which is streaming), for Windows and Mac. Microsoft has OneDrive Files On-Demand for Windows. Hmmm, what's missing here?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my request for OneDrive on Demand for MaxOS. It was promised in earlier announcements. When is it expected?

• HervéHervé commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please put in the file streaming option, on demand sync or whatever! Love that on my Windows PC hate my Mac for not having it!

• Alexander KuznetsovAlexander Kuznetsov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using it on my Windows 10 Workstation
        Definitely need one for my MacBook Pro, so I can upload pictures from local disk to cloud storage, freeing up space.

Are there ant expectations timewise, please?
        I would join beta test if possible

• emmitt houstonemmitt houston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring Files On Demand to Mac. Show the Microsoft on Mac user community some love. I look forward to seeing this feature soon.

Please bring Files On Demand to Mac. Without this or being able to install it external drive makes it more or less impossible to use in a meaningful way.

• KlaasKlaas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I confirm that this is a functionality that would come in very handy, especially for environments where macs and pcs work next to each other. This is the only way to replace large fileshare directories with an online equivalent and to make working together with sharepoint libraries possible.

I assume this is where we vote for a feature that allows users to access their files from their online storage and not use space up on their Mac. It would be great if something likes this could be made available for mac users, as it already is available for PC users.

• sam marshallsam marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Implement onedrive for Mac like its windows 8 version with online only options allowing us to work with a network type folder.

OneDrive: Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base