I suggest you ...

OneDrive Files On-Demand for non-Windows 10 Windows

Please port the functionality of https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/8888062-onedrive-files-on-demand to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 2008 and 2012.

294 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jos AnoniemJos Anoniem shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support on Win2016 (for RDS and Citrix XenApp environments) is really needed.

• Lukas TavesLukas Taves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree, the whole point to moving win10 as a service is to focus on that and have everyone on the same page.

I understand is sucks not having this functionality, but if they keep backporting features it defeats the entire purpose of having the newest version as a service

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support on Win2016 (for RDS and Citrix XenApp environments) is really needed.

• Peet McKinneyPeet McKinney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand MS want's to push as many users to 10 as possible, but you'd think MS would also like to push as many users to O365 as possible as well. Please build this feature for Win 7+. I'll be able to bring more clients to O365 with it. Please support RDS as well it would be a godsend.

• dsghidsghi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or let the devs work on other features and those that want this can upgrade to windows 10.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pls also support rds environments as there is currently no official way to use it on rds

• Office 365 Japan Support TeamOffice 365 Japan Support Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Files On-Demand" service is being offered in a preview version for Windows 10 at the present. I am considering to use the service in Windows 7, therefore I wish the public information will be released for the timing of the launch of the Files On-Demand service with Windows 7, also the timing of deployment of product versions which isn't in preview version ahead of time. Thank you.

• oktajoktaj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this for my citrix environment, I can't roll out onedrive company wide without it

• MarkusMarkus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others, we cannot roll out OneDrive company wide without this feature in Windows 7.

• KeyKey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This goes against Microsoft's goals of having Windows 10 on every PC possible.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this for my citrix environment, I can't roll out onedrive company wide without it

OneDrive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base