I suggest you ...

OneDrive Files On-Demand for non-Windows 10 Windows

Please port the functionality of https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/8888062-onedrive-files-on-demand to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 2008 and 2012.

757 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jos Anoniem shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Johan Mederyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was so happy when I found settings for it in the GPO. But then i learned it's only for Win 10. We need this for our 2012 R2 RDS-servers. Don't need offline access to the files there, but we need the disk space.

• Dan Simms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any further update? - it's been 6 months since the 'we're thinking about it' post. It would be amazing to have OneDrive Files on Demand on your server products, to support VDI.

• Ryan Locking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely needs to be brought to Windows Server 2016. Why does Microsoft never think of the massive RDS and Citrix Xenapp deployments?

• Dave Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if Files on Demand was available with Win10 RS3 in teh fall, then is it supported on Server 2016 as well, and it not yet, what version of 2016 will support or include the NGSC OneDrive Files on Demand.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, we've a lot of customers using Office 365 and RDS and this feature is essential to save SSD space on RDS hosts...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anything you can do in this backport area would grease the organizational wheels for the whole new Win10/Office365/OneDrive wonderfulness. Like many, we are Win7/Win10/macOS client heavy - trying to move but it takes work. OneDrive FOD is a major enabler.

• Tye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Please! - Required for a Cloud based 50 000 user Citrix XenApp deployment on Windows 2012R2/2016. Cloud storage is a major blocker for this project

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for Support on 2012R2 / 2016 for RDS deployment

• PP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for Support on 2012R2 / 2016 for RDS deployment

← Previous 1 3 4

OneDrive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base