I suggest you ...

OneDrive Files On-Demand for non-Windows 10 Windows

Please port the functionality of https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/8888062-onedrive-files-on-demand to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 2008 and 2012.

476 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jos Anoniem shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@DouglasPearce - is this in the pipeline for server 2016? Then we could roll out onedrive across our whole company!

Don't implement features to old versions and waste your time there! Users should update. There are so many other things to do, than taking care about old stuff.

Oh, this made me excited, but i guess you are not thinking about Windows 7. This would involve making changes to Explorer probably.

Support fot earlier OSes is not necessary but this would be an essential capability for the latest Windows Server version.

• Chris Yue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential for a Citrix XenApp environment.

Would be great to get this working on Server 2012 R2.

Lack of this one feature keeps some of our Mac based clients tied to Dropbox because it has "Smart Sync" feature. And I would love to move them to O365.

This would be great on RDS. Too bad we can't just install the onedrive client and have this working. Was hoping to be able to move users over to this with the new release.

• TDvN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need files on demand feature ASAP in W10, before roll out of new system that depends on this feature. Currently using third party software which is not working satisfactorily.

Can you confirm if this is or is not on the roadmap for Server 2016?

This would make OneDrive and Sharepoint usable in an RDS environment.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support on Win2016 (for RDS and Citrix XenApp environments) is really needed.

• Lukas Taves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree, the whole point to moving win10 as a service is to focus on that and have everyone on the same page.

I understand is sucks not having this functionality, but if they keep backporting features it defeats the entire purpose of having the newest version as a service

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support on Win2016 (for RDS and Citrix XenApp environments) is really needed.

• Peet McKinney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand MS want's to push as many users to 10 as possible, but you'd think MS would also like to push as many users to O365 as possible as well. Please build this feature for Win 7+. I'll be able to bring more clients to O365 with it. Please support RDS as well it would be a godsend.

← Previous 1

OneDrive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base