I suggest you ...

Make Android onedrive pdf viewer better or remove it

Hi,

Trying to work with pdfs stored on onedrive through the Android app is incredibly frustrating.

There is a giant black bar at the top with nothing other than a back button and a large orange circle for annotation tools. This makes seeing the pdf very hard as these UI elements get in the way.

Also there is no search capability.

Either make this viewer better or remove it so we can use some other android pdf viewer. Actually we should be able to use any other pdf viewer and there is no way to do so currently and this actively hurts the onedrive app as a document storage application.

113 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I undo or erase annotations made on the onedrive's PDF viewer... seems a ridiculous oversight to me.

• Zachary Kimble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still cant highlight in the android pdf editor if the text is not recognized. How do I set onedrive to use zodo editor as the default and allow it to save back to drive?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

trying to use the annotation functions in onedrive PDF viewer, made a mistake and couldnt go back to erase / undo / correct. please add the undo / erase function or the annotation is useless or even damaging to use

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the WPS office app to view and highlight pdfs in OneDrive. It is able to link to OneDrive.

• Yuki N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, a giant sticking top bar is now gone and open with another app is back as of the last update. Thx MS.

• magiardi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add back the option "open with". In the meantime, I moved my files to Google Drive, otherwise I cannot work any more.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, with the previous version I was able to open pdf files with other apps (there was an option for that).

With the new version it's impossilbe!

Please fix that!!!!

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

This is a major one: it makes saving PDFs for reference and reading on OneDrive miserable, if not useless.

OneDrive: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base