I suggest you ...

Improve the feature of synchronizing more than 100,000 items on a stable basis for OneDrive.

I am aware of the behavior the restriction mentioned that the sync performance will possibly deteriorate when the stored items in the library exceed 100,000 items more. However, I need to operate this process frequently so that I wish the feature will be improved enables sync more than 100,000 items on a stable basis as soon as possible.

Although I have concerns about if the synchronization is going to be impossible to proceed unexpectly, but so as MS described as "We are working on optimization of OneDrive to improve processing of many Libraries." below the Reference information.

Title: Restrictions on synchronizing files and folders
URL: https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/3125202/

Thank you for your continued support.

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Office 365 Japan Support TeamOffice 365 Japan Support Team shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Office 365 Japan Support TeamOffice 365 Japan Support Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have comments for this post that the same feature improvement has been requested by multiple users continuously.

I also am aware of the behavior that the file upload to be delayed when trying to synchronize about 140,000 items so far. If you aggregated the data which used on multiple PCs to OneDrive for Business, I assume that the number of items will increase over 100,000 easily. For the smooth operation, I hope the feature will be implemented to Increase the number of items that can be sync stably. It also would great if the user will be able to synchronize even if it exceeds 30 million items as described in public information in the future.

Thank you for your continued support.

• Morten DybroMorten Dybro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have exactly the same situation, but I can add that 66.000 items is the same situation as 100.000

• RodolfoRodolfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to receive mail alerts when the user reached the 100,000 items?

Feedback and Knowledge Base