I suggest you ...

Folder sync

Why not make the mobile version just like the Desktop app?

You should be able to select a folder (or multiple folders) from your mobile device and OneDrive should upload all the files (not just photos or videos) in that folder automatically and every time you modify one of the files in that folder or add a new file, it should automatically sync it with the cloud.

Unbelievably, OneDrive, nor Dropbox nor Google Drive currently offer such feature. You can only get this feature with a third party app like FolderSync (paid app - Android).

This should be a native feature. Add it.

Thanks.

5,661 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix the fact that 'offline' access doesn't actually make the file available on your device.

• Dan Boric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't just think about it, Douglas, please do it. How hard could this be for a giant like Microsoft to implement? I am regularly recording audio clips and would love for their destination folder to be automatically synced with OneDrive.

• Edgar Felix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this feature it's even more complete than Camera Upload. Neither is available with business accounts though, so I would say start with enabling camera upload for business accounts.

• Javier Chadham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desktop app is incredibly easy to sync music files (for example) between my desktop and tablet I use both for CD rips and the like so either one may get an update.

I know the Windows Mobile platform in particular is on life support now, but having the ability to auto-download music file updates locally to my phone would be wonderful. Surprised that was never implemented yet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dropbox pioneered the idea of having a Cloud sync folder. But we've now moved beyond that paradigm. People are ready to sync all of their device content to the cloud. All other network/local backups programs offer this basic feature. Cloud should follow suit. This is an opportunity to differentiate your product in the marketplace. In the meantime, I have to give my money to two different services, not because I ran out of space but because of this design limitation. Thanks

• Mike Guidry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This ties into requests to allow storing offline files on the SD card. I have an 8gb folder on OneDrive I'd like to keep offline on the phone, but it looks like setting this folder offline stores it on the phone's internal storage which is not big. There doesn't seem a way to save it on my 64GB SD card.

• Don Mei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As long as the default is set to off. I have 400 gb of data on my onedrive and my phone only holds 128 gb total. Default needs to be set to off.

• Pierluigi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very useful. The available memory storage of mobile devices is very small. Syncing offline files kntl SD card is necessary. Otherwise the functionality offline files is useless.

In the Android Office Apps it is possible to pin a OneDrive document to the StartScreen. Unfortunately, these pinned documents only get updated/synced with OneDrive once they get opened, (edited) or closed. Would like being able to pin documents out of OneDrive to the HomeScreen and let OneDrive update them each time a Internet connection is established. Also I want to be able to edit these documents offline and having them upload/synced to OneDrive as soon as I'm online again - no need to edit the file as a write protected file and therefore save it as a second file in OneDrive once I'm back only as it is possible with Offline file management in OneDrive now. Thank you!

I gave this a vote but not sure I understand. I actually use OneDrive primarily for Office and other application file backup and sharing--currently only have limited media files on OneDrive. When I click on a folder in the mobile app, I see all the correct files and subfolders. From reading other comments below, maybe my non-issue here is that I have the Office 365 subscription.

← Previous 1

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base