I suggest you ...

On Android devices make offline storage on micro sd an option.

On Android devices make offline storage on micro sd an option.

300 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • François Lefèvre (Fanfan54) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The real thing should be: authorize moving OneDrive (apps AND data) to the SD card. The OneDrive's offline storage is stored in the OneDrive's secure data folder provided by Android, and that's normal.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second all these comments. Why not? If MS wants to do anything "right" it would do this. Without it (as I have just discovered when trying to use onedrive for the first time other than as an experiment) it is useless. Typical MS. Lots of glitz and hype but it does not work in the real world ... where most of the users are. Please fix URGENTLY.

• Tibi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the duh features. Why it is not available yet is beyond me. Device memory - small. SD card - big. Duh.

One Drive has this really annoying habit of making questionable decisions. Maybe changing the product owner will improve things? Just saying.

• Mike Guidry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the big problem to me with Onedrive for Android. I have maybe a dozen gigs free internal storage and and 32 gig sd card. I have a Onedrive folder almost 8 gigs in size. If i tell Onedrive to keep it offline, there goes most of my internal storage whereas i could easily keep it on the SD card. So i can't use the offline files feature.

• Martin Harran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a committed user of Onedrivebut it is useless on Android until you allow access to SD card. Another case of MS forcing committed users to move to non-MS products, talk about shooting yourself in the foot :(

• Mario Amatucci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using dropbox as tmp storage to do that! I hate this dev team still not implementing such basic feature

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't update my phone because the photos took all my space downloading to the internal memory instead of the SD card.

• Tanner Blatter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also agreed that this should be an obvious inclusion. For documents, media, and more. Ondrive is only as good as our ability to access it for our needs

• Hizir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a no brainer! Basic function that would've been standard. We should not be begging it. I am a Office 365 user and have large storage on Onedrive. Have to deactivate it on my phone because it uses up all my internal memory. My 256GB sd card is empty but can't be used. Will have to switch to Dropbox.

• PF-90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really looking forward for this feature! It is quite annoying to save just a small amount of offline data!

• Patrick Larkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is not already an option! If any app needed this more, I don't know what it is.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea. I had to disable the OneDrive app because it simply takes too much space.

• HPate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this! SD gives us more storage quantity, and to have to save to internal then move it is cumbersome.

OneDrive: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base