I suggest you ...

Support for .heic files

Could you please add support for .heic as iOS 11 uses this format and when iOS 11 releases all apple phones will only use this format. As I am on an iOS 11 beta I have noticed my photos are starting to become unviewable in the photos tab and shown as blank .heic files in the files tab. This is a problem that will get more urgent as it gets nearer iOS 11 release as of now for anybody on the beta programme one drive photos is unusable. Please update! Thanks

485 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Don Mei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears that on the fly conversion of photos is happening. However, movies confuse me. They won't play in a browser'd preview on onedrive.com. However they do play in media player once they replicate to the PC and show in the folder as .mov files.

Do haic movies have a different suffix from .mov?

• TubaOrNotTuba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Real question is why would anyone shoot in a non-industry standard format? Honestly, the first thing I did in iOS 11 was make sure my iPhone was using industry standard formats. I really don't care what Apple thinks, heic is a junk format until 100% of all devices on the planet support it. .jpg is the industry standard format. Period. I don't care if Microsoft ever supports it. They have far more fish to fry for other OneDrive issues than this.

• D Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You maybe waiting sometime. They said they were looking at raw support 3 years ago!!!!!!

• Mauricio Perez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please just make my photos available to view in one drive. Do what ever you need. This is really urgent.

• Scott Dart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A workaround for this until Microsoft gets around to adding the on-the-fly conversion for video like it did with pictures::

Settings -> Camera -> Formats

Change this from "High-Efficiency" to "Most Compatible" and most of your videos will upload to OneDrive without issue.(4K and fast-rate 1080p excepted)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this only a plan right now, other cloud storage providers had this working within the first week of iOS 11 being released?

Ok I think this a problem happening months ago... if u don’t fix it in a few days, I’m moving to Dropbox or something, it’s not fare to us if we’re paying for more storage on OneDrive

This is happening to me too but with some videos!!! Please help, I uploaded other videos and I can watch them without problem, but 4 or 5 specific videos I can’t watch them on my drive.

• Guitarhero2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great that including.heic are “in the plans” so quick BUT we have been asking for raw support for years and years now so we can view thumbnails.

This is stopping thousands of people would take photographs paying Microsoft for storage.

#WindowsInsiderBrasil, iphone 6 user, L950 LX user, onedrive user, needs suport for this.

• Steve Niemeyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft has ignored this issue in 8 different posts / attempts. I canceled my subscription and moved to Dropbox. They support it natively.

Speak with your wallet, money hurts them the most. They don't give a **** about you as a customer.

OneDrive: iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base