I suggest you ...

CPU Usage too high in High Sierra

MacOs 10.13.2
CPU Usage is too high while using one drive.
Please correct!

211 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jürgen Karl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This must be addressed. I am removing Onedrive from all Macs until fixed. We have 10 Macs running HS and on all of them OneDrive is using 100%+ of CPU. No acceptable. I'm just grateful we never got rid of Dropbox.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have disabled it, as simply as that.

MacBook Air i7, High Sierra.

Has anyone in Microsoft tested it with a Mac?

• Ayk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is this issue now fixed ??? Using 18.025.0204 !! but seems still a problem !!!

• tkkanno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same issue. It causes my new macbook pro's battery to only last 2.5 hours idle!

mac version:10.12.6

• Joris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here! It freaks me out. Latest version of Sierra and OneDrive and it’s still not stable. Very high CPU! Please fix this! And also do intensive testing yourself before releasing

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also do not have access to certain files when a peer with identical access rights can see files. The migration from Dropbox to sharepoint (or shitpoint, as it is often called) has been a disaster. It also heats up my Mac to a concerning level. Either it is going to damage the Mac or burn the office down. This needs to be addresses. This is a public safety issue.

• Graham T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here, noticed battery drain and now with absolutely nothing going on, energy impact is 97.99. CPU is high and fan has been running 10x more than normal under almost no load. OSX High Sierrra, MBP 2017, 13" Core i7 16 gig

• Cory N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this please be addressed. OneDrive is currently taking up 70% of my CPU and it says it is not syncing anything. This is F**CKed. Our company is 1/2 MacOS and this is a disaster switching from DropBox.
        MacOS - 10.13.3
        OneDrive - 17.005.0107

• David Murray Vancouver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fan been running all morning. This has happened before.
        No files have been changed, so OneDrive should be idle.

Stats:
        Onedrive energy impact 99.1% (53.31 over the past 8 hours) even when unplugged from power.
        MacOS Siera 10.12.6 MacBook Air 11-inch mid 2011
        "OneDrive is up to date"

Same issue here, killing my battery life and seriously heating up MacBook. Having to kill Onedrive and only open when needed then kill it again.

I am speaking of my «el capitan» installation: While OneDrive uses the CPU fairly in idle - it «adsorbs» the full power of my CPU, if i am restarting it. And as we have tons of folders on it, this takes about 5-10 minutes.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive on MacBook Pro i7 95%CPU... This is problem...

My CPU usage hits the roof and caused every fan on my system to turn on for syncing one file.... This needs to be fixed....

• FixPlease commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm killing the service and no longer letting it launch at login due to the issue. will keep an eye out for a app update with mention of a fix for this issue in the update notes before I go back.

← Previous 1

OneDrive: Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base