I suggest you ...

CPU Usage too high in High Sierra

MacOs 10.13.2
CPU Usage is too high while using one drive.
Please correct!

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jürgen Karl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Murray Vancouver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fan been running all morning. This has happened before.
        No files have been changed, so OneDrive should be idle.

Stats:
        Onedrive energy impact 99.1% (53.31 over the past 8 hours) even when unplugged from power.
        MacOS Siera 10.12.6 MacBook Air 11-inch mid 2011
        "OneDrive is up to date"

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here, killing my battery life and seriously heating up MacBook. Having to kill Onedrive and only open when needed then kill it again.

I am speaking of my «el capitan» installation: While OneDrive uses the CPU fairly in idle - it «adsorbs» the full power of my CPU, if i am restarting it. And as we have tons of folders on it, this takes about 5-10 minutes.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive on MacBook Pro i7 95%CPU... This is problem...

My CPU usage hits the roof and caused every fan on my system to turn on for syncing one file.... This needs to be fixed....

• FixPlease commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm killing the service and no longer letting it launch at login due to the issue. will keep an eye out for a app update with mention of a fix for this issue in the update notes before I go back.

• Marius-Constantin Dinu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here and this issue is really a joke, because before my Mac (Nov. 2017) I used the Surface Pro 3 with OneDrive and it made the Surface literally burning hot! Almost every second day I had to force kill OneDrive from the task manager to stop my system from overheating. Obviously Microsoft is not able to build a working cloud storage sync regardless of the platform. I will quit my membership and switch to a competitor product, because this issue followed me way to long (3 years)!!! I mean at some point you should be able to fix this issue with an update or rewrite the whole **** thing. I must say, that the only reasons I kept OneDrive for so long is, because of the bundled offer with Office and because of the effort to migrate everything. But at some point thanks to alternative free products and my anger overcoming my convenience, these reasons faded away.

• Amol Pol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same Problem is being faced by me in my organization for 3 Mac Systems.
        MacOS 10.13.2
        OneDrive Sync client 17.3.7131.1115

This kills battery and high CPU usage as much as 95%

• Amol Pol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even I have 3 Mac's with such issue
        MacOS: 10.13.2
        OneDrvie Sync Client Version: 17.3.7131.1115

This kills battery very much and consumes heavy RAM.

• Cory N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please address this. Our company is on Office 365 and we are crippled now.

• Rich Macbeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem on both my iMac and MacBook Pro running Ver 10.13.2 95% plus CPU usage. Kill OneDrive drops down to 20%

Same here. It is more than 100% and my mac is getting heated up with quick battery drain. Please solve this issue immediately.

OneDrive: Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base