I suggest you ...

CPU Usage too high in High Sierra

MacOs 10.13.2
CPU Usage is too high while using one drive.
Please correct!

482 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jürgen Karl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • malcolm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also experiencing high cpu usage on 2017 5k imac running high sierra 10.13.5, every 10 mins or so cpu usage rises to the point that the fans make it sound like my mac is going to take off, the culprit is onedrive activitiy monitor it is using 100%

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Constantly running at 30-40% CPU even when all files are synced. Much higher when syncing. This is ridiculous. Please fix!

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here - 5 files of a few hundred KB and the CPU usage is 100% and my fans are blowing up!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here.
        MacBook Pro 11,1 with 10.13.5
        I do not see this on my Windows 10 systems.
        I will be removing one drive from my workflow from all devices (8)
        Currently looking for alternatives.

• Sean Meyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am running OS 10.11.6 (15G20015) on a macbook pro. Onedrive is up to date (all files are synced), but still the program is using nearly 100% of my CPU. I have to quit the program whenever I use my computer.

I had problems in the past, and Microsoft has been very responsive.

Thank you

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a brand new MacBook Pro, High Sierra 10.13.4, everything is already synched, and STILL OneDrive is using a ton of the battery. It is literally hot after just a few minutes of being turned on and OneDrive is the biggest power drain,

Same problem here..... macbook..... have to shut it down and open it when i know something changed.,.....

• Kieran C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem for me, CPU continuously over 100%, drains the battery from 100% to zero in about 2 hours.
        OneDrive v18.065.0329.0008
        macOS High Sierra v10.13.4

I have OneDrive set to sync my personal OneDrive and my business OneDrive; the high CPU usage only on the instance of OneDrive that is syncing my business files.

Is so bad that it is just not feasible to leave OneDrive running, have to manually start OneDrive, leave to sync, then quit OneDrive a few times each day.

macOS High Sierra version 10.13.4. When starting OneDrive app, cpu usage too high. Please provide a fix

• Jörg Bofinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have this situation also on all our Mac's (oldest late 2016 MBP 13" i7)...
        @Microsoft -This is really a major issue with OneDrive - please inform the community about the action you take on fixing this problem soon as possible. This is the minimum we could expect an it should not be a really big effort ;-)

← Previous 1 3

OneDrive: Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base