I suggest you ...

Verrrrrrrrry Slow

OneDrive is pathetically slow with uploads. For at least the last two weeks, it's been closer to dial up speeds. It can take hours to upload 500 meg. Historically, I haven't seen uploads faster than very low broadband speeds. I have a decent broadband connection - can stream HD movies and do other things simultaneously. I'm truly sick of it. What's more amazing...I'M A PAYING CUSTOMER. I'm not just using the free version. I would expect slower speeds if I were only using the free version. But to pay money and get this, pitiful.

376 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bob N. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim Keir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And another. Did a full system reinstall a couple of weeks ago because OneDrive started totally locking Explorer, requiring a hard power-off to free it. Noticed today that one app was taking about half an hour to respond to a "next" button because it was writing a SQLite journal, about 3-5Kb, to OneDrive, over a 38Mb fiber connection.

I've spent many days trying to diagnose this without success, and I have to say I'm unusually persistent. I've now moved everything to Google Drive and it's back to normal.

• pham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah ha I am not alone here, however it has just about a month ago,
        Before I did my synchronization for 25Gb and it took only 4-6 hours
        Is anything relative to bandwidth ?
        I am using premium office 360 with 1T storage and just used about nearly 200 GB

• Kacper Dudzik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here: Yesterday I have sent 120 clips from my Xbox One to OneDrive - only 5 were delivered in the timeframe of 1 hour, the other 2 clips within few hours, so 113 clips missing <3 About 10 GBs if not more of these files size is just gone in other dimension between Xbox Live drive and actual OneDrive, fantastic - on April 9th it was all fine and quick, now it's terrible...

• Zyber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! I'm NOT alone!
        Irritatingly slow! Can't work in OneDrive... it's like trying to do everything in slowmo or, as one of the comments said, it's a dial-up connection. Maybe it's what MS use for their servers?!

• A Gil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is annoying I've been trying to transfer my Dropbox data to Onedrive but it is taking forever...really disappointing!

• B Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add that it is somehow simultaneously slow AND completely takes up our bandwidth. I cannot do anything while a sync is running.Load a google search? No Chance. Why does an upload take out my download?? Poor form.

• dWerby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 175up/25down and I agree 100% with this thread. The website works fine but synchronizing folders is just terrible. I will be switching as well if a performance upgrade isn't addressed in the near future.

Thank you

• Guitarhero2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change to Google Drive. Much much better. And you can view RAW image thumbnails in your folders!!!!

• PerA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had/have the same problems. My only solution is to disable everything that automaticly turns off the computer and leave it running undisturbed over the night. Even if I calculate that it will take days to upload/sync all the files, it solves itselvs during the night if nothing disturbes the computer.

• wes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'm trying to upload a backup of 700GB. But at 1.5mps upload speed, that will take 130 hours. No thank you.

• Sergey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A shame!
        Such a large corporation as Microsoft can not solve the problem with the speed of access to Onedrive. There are no problems with Google disk, Dropbox, Yandex disk, only Microsoft products are the slowest, the brake. A shame!

• BradC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look for simultaneous processes which impact the OneDrive synchronization. We found that the separate backup and protection software packages were potentially slowing down synchronization because all three software packages were trying to act on the same files at the same time.
        In addition, OneDrive may not able to handle simultaneous arrivals of packets when a user is on both LAN and Wireless at the same time. Disabling one or the other may have beneficial impacts.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Onedrive is EXTREMELY SLOW than dropbox,amazondrive,mega,google drive.

I have a fiber connection and i download from onedrive between 600KBs and 1.5MBs.
        But with the same connection the download speed of dropbox, amazondrive ,mega ,google drive is 8MB/s , 8times FASTER!!!

All my friends has the same problem when i share a folder with them.

This is ridiculus, i'm paying for a decent service!

• Edgar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to post the same. A few weeks ago there was no problem. Now is really annoying. Can't find a decent solution for this issue.

OneDrive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base