OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Update OneDrive for Business file size limit to be competitive

Increase OneDrive for Business file size beyond the current cap of 15 GB/file.

OneDrive for Business needs to stay competitive.

123 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Increase OneDrive for Business file size beyond the current cap of 15 GB/file.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase the upload limit. The value of One Drive for Business for us is reduced considerably by this limitation.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase the file size limit to the same level as google drive. I‘ve measurement datasets and binaries which are easily 100 GB or more.

• M. Schwartz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase the size limit to something greater than 250 GB. Anything less makes OD4B useless for our purposes.

• Shad Hasan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase size, more people are moving to Dropbox due to these issue and I am afraid we might have to as well.

I wasn't upable to upload files over 15gb using the desktop sync client, but I WAS able to upload a 22gb file using the web portal. What gives, Microsoft? Please update your desktop sync client p!

Can't believe the limitation on file size. Primary purpose of using ODFB for our organization is simply limited.

• Shawn Fernandes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive web ortal has an option to switch to classic OneDrive view on the bottom left of screen.

Once we enable OneDrive Classic view, we can then upload files greater than 15GB onto OneDrive Business account

• Rahul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go for One Drive Business Plan 2. That does not have the 15GB file limit. 15GB file limit is for Plan 1.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google allows up to 5 TB per file. I have a 1+TB personal account and I would like to store backups on my own drive account. Now I have to have my backup program split the backup files so I can upload them. Why? Why can't I just upload the 20-25 GB file without the extra steps. If I have 1 TB to use, there shouldn't be a limitation. Surely Microsoft servers can handle the uploads.

• Joey Jo Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree the file size should be higher, especially since this is the exception rather than the rule. Just because you can upload a 30GB file doesn't mean everyone will start all of a sudden.

At the same time though, regarding the comment on uploading a 250GB+ file for 4K videos.... how functional is that to store on a cloud service in the first place? The time to upload/download files that large would be pretty excessive. In a sense its sounds like a case of "yeah its what i asked for, but not what i need" and maybe a different style solution is in order.

• Mark Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Onedrive for Business has a storage allocation of 1TB.

Onedrive Personal has a storage allocation of 5GB.

Are you maybe confusing one for the other ?

• Guillermo A Castillo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for a company that in addition to using Online Archives, sometimes users have PST attached. You can't sync that to Onedrive, because everytime something changes it needs to upload the whole file again, not just the changes. Also if the PST is bigger than 15gb then you are stuck with that. Need to back it up some other way.

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base