I suggest you ...

Allow multiple OneDrive accounts integrated into Windows Explorer

Currently, even if you integrated multiple OneDrive accounts, only the one in which you are logged on is integrated into Windows Explorer. Allowing to use as many OneDrive accounts you have integrated into Windows Explore would make OneDrive even more relevant.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

233 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • lrodriquezlive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ TamaraK

I followed your instructions and everything worked as instructed. I had to unlink my previous account and link it to the account I want to link.

It would be nice if this feature is made available throughout all systems. Luckily, I elected for the basis service associated with my previous account and there were hardly any important files anyway. But recently, I created an account for my wife and I to both have access to documents. With that, we subscribed to the 1TB service to be able to synchronized all documents we need to have access to.

Until reading this post, it was annoying to log off from one account onto another. Thanks TamaraK for this solution.

• Alexandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know who reads these boards, but here's my problem: While at my OFFICE, I received a OneDrive notification that I was out of space, so I purchased the 1 TB of space for $80.00/year. That was a MONTH AGO and to this day, the blue OneDrive icon on my HOME computer has not synced to the OneDrive account on my OFFICE computer. The account is a PERSONAL account, not a business account. I can access the right version of my OneDrive by clicking on the link I emailed to myself, but that is a pain in the "you know"..... I want the BLUE ONEDRIVE ICON on my HOME COMPUTER to contain the very same documents/folders as the OneDrive on my OFFICE COMPUTER. Can anyone explain how to get this done? Alexandra (Dallas, Texas), August 30, 2017

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand now that I cannot have multiple One Drive Accounts. In file explorer in Windows I am logged into the wrong One Drive Account. How do I unlink or change accounts?

Can anybody help please?
        My partner has Office 365 which is able to be used on 5 different pc's.
        Included in this is one drive.
        So I used so have a one drive account which un-linked and then relinked to her account, problem being now I can see all her files which i don't need. Can anybody tell me how to set up a different one drive account not linked to hers?

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have MS One Drive account on my Mac and one on my PC. Both have the same user id and password, but they are not the same - one has a load of files in it while the other is empty! I thought I would be sharing ONE account! - and how can you have TWO accounts with the same user id & password?

• Ana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can we expect to be able to synch 2 PERSONAL onedrive accounts into Windows Explorer? It's silly that you can open two personal accounts in the office products (Word, Excel etc), but then you can't find the files you've just created/edited in Windows Explorer and have to go to the browser to find them...

• TamaraK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This may help a few people in this string with a PC now linked to wrong OneDrive account. Received from MS tech support
        Could you please try the following steps to unlink and re-link your account on your OneDrive account:
        • Right-click the blue OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the OneDrive icon. If the icon doesn't appear in the notification area, OneDrive might not be running. Click Start, type OneDrive in the search box, and then click OneDrive in the search results.)
        • Click Settings, and then click Unlink this PC.
        • Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive, and configure your account with the office 365 account and check if it helps or not.

Thanks
        OneDrive Team
        Ticket Information:
        Date Created: 6/07/2017 10:38 AM PDT
        What would you like to do?:
        Category:
        Comment: I am confused with my OneDrive access. I keep getting the message:"Your OneDrive is Full" but when I click on the One Drive options, I find that I have used only 1GB of 1TB available. I believe my laptop was not set up properly to link to 1TB available to MS 365 purchasers (user XXXX) and is instead giving me update that the introductory 1GB is full.

how about business AND personal OneDrive accounts?
        i have o365 business and keep my OneDrive for business app and account on my pc
        would like to have my personal OneDrive account, but i can't install the "regular" OneDrive client as it tells me there's already a newer version installed

ADMINS: MS have really made a very confusing product in 365 with OneDrive. You get 365 when you buy an email account with GoDaddy and get 365 with your new laptop and end up with multiple OneDrive accounts. How the **** do I mage this and have a seamless work space? Buy a Mac? I think I am exiting MS nightmare.

• Jamezzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my case, using OneDrive Home with 5 1TB accounts, I want to be able to sync my children's accounts to different folders on the same PC. We have one family PC, but each of my high school kids have their own OneDrive account. Their homework assignments (reports) and pictures reside in their own accounts, but I'd like those to sync to separate folders on our one home PC. Any way to do this? Is this in the plans. Seems like there should be a way given OneDrive Home seems geared towards a family utilizing OneDrive for all their individual data.

• Sofi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, scenario: I have an economy person that needs to add your salary slip every month to your onedrive. This company only have 60 employees and their economy-system is old. So i thought why not take the pdf and add it to a shared onedrive map, but since there are 60 i need to have it as simple as possible. How could i resolve this without jeopardising the security? And keep it simple for the economy person that needs to share this every month?

Unfortunately, Microsoft do not seem to understand the difference between a "Person" and an "Account" which results in much of the authentication woes (ok, they probably do but are hamstrung by legacy code). A "Person" may have multiple "Accounts" for a variety of reasons and want to access the resources of "Accounts" in different combinations on different devices. Some "Accounts" may be owned and managed by the "Person" and other "Accounts" maybe owned by someone else but the "Person" is given access to it (e.g. organisation accounts). However, you have to login as an "Account", not as a "Person".

Of course, they are not alone in this. This is a fundamental flaw in the thinking of many apps which often start off with a 1 "Account" = 1 "Person" expectation.

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here it works great for two accounts. One is my personal and one is for work which is 1TB. Very nice :)

• Forrest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just as an FYI, I was able to sync one personal account and one work account onto the same PC. Good stuff there for sure!

• Joel Corcoran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, Add Account feature does NOT work for multiple accounts. I try to add a 2nd account and I get "You are already syncing a personal OneDrive on this computer. Unlink that account to add a new one"... ie.. you can only have 1 account which now makes Google Drive officially more useful that OneDrive. Goodbye OneDrive!!! My school uses gmail anyway, much more useful and user-friendly.

• Joel Corcoran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the "Add Account" does NOT work on multiple logins. Only on a single login account. Multiple users need to be supported otherwise you should stop advertising multiple users as a benefit. You destroy usability by not allowing full usage of all features for all logins.

Hi

it seems a bit awkward, to comment here so late to date of post

but please try to help
        i need to log into onedrive account that is different from the account set into windows log in user

i have both accounts into accounts tab in settings panel
        but onedrive always refuses to sign me in to the second account which happens to be 1TB account
        and this is why i need to use it
        can this be done?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

OneDrive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base