I suggest you ...

Enable file versioning / history for all types of files (not just Office types)

I know you can recover previous versions of Microsoft Office files in OneDrive. But in Dropbox and Google Drive, you can recover previous versions of any file type (and this has been a long standing feature of these services). Please give us the ability to restore previous versions of any file type in OneDrive.

5,172 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    osm shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are expanding version history support to all file types for OneDrive personal account users. As a result, customers will now be able to restore or download previous versions of all their files for up to 30 days. It will be available to everyone this summer; currently, approximately 10% of OneDrive users can see and interact with this feature.

You can read more about file versioning and how to use it on our blog: https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2017/07/19/expanding-onedrive-version-history-support-file-types

We understand how critical your data is to you. We also understand that threats are continually evolving and that our product must evolve too. This is one of several steps you will see us take in the near future to help protect you and your data.

247 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...