I suggest you ...

Allow files that have special characters in the name to be uploaded

This makes it hard to convert users in our company.

1,314 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

169 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this. OneDrive Business needs to allow for # and %. How are we supposed to promote a business application still hampered with these restrictions? These characters are NOT restricted in Windows, so we have a lot of users who have added these characters to file folder structure over the years. It would be a nightmare to move them to OneDrive Business with these limitations still in place. Hoping you can resolve this, especially since these restrictions are not there with OneDrive Personal.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice that you don't support your own applications. Visual studio creates multiple folders 'Visual C#' that are not synced because of the # symbol.

• Bill the Nerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even a dialog box that list the files with bad names, and let you rename them easily individually or in bulk, or even renamed them automatically for you would be a massive improvement

• Jose123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently I am using a Ahsay software for backup.Ahsay Backup software is a robust cross-platform backup solution which allows businesses and managed backup service provider to backup virtual machines, databases and servers to local/mapped network drive, locally hosted backup server, or online backup server hosted in datacentre. I would like to suggest you to try this software, because its reThanks

• Glenn Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I still run into issues with # and %. Since we have a lot of financial documents, you can imagine how often both of those pop up.

• Rob Franco [MSFT] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Boian, we are progressively removing these character restrictions. We announced the beginning of the process in the summer of 2013 and the multiple dots restriction was lifted earlier this summer. Are you still seeing restrictions on files with multiple dots?

• Boian Soloviov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Astinishingly quiet for such a serious issue here. NTFS special characters were not enough, then come the HTTP limitation set. But even this is not enough, on top of that even multiple dots are forbidden. Try to save Ellipses...docx or Invoice from Company Inc..pdf and see what happens.

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →

OneDrive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base