I suggest you ...

Syncing over LAN

This would allow multiple PCs / Devices with the same OneDrive account to sync over the local LAN network. This makes a huge difference when setting a new PC (or restoring one) as you can transfer 100's of gigs over the LAN much faster and without impacting your Internet bandwidth cap.

3,834 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

184 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree, we recently switched from Dropbox to OneDrive and LAN sync is basically the only thing I miss, and I miss it bad since our internet connection isn't good.

• Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that we need this, we use this for our charity and the internet connection is 70Mb whereas we have a 1Gb internal network. It makes much more sense to sync the files across the LAN, especially for new systems.

Dropbox have had this for years, why not OneDrive!

I'd like to chime in and say LAN sync is very much required at my company too. Trying to sync a onedrive account with 50GB to an additional computer over the internet connection when i already have a copy of the files on another computer right beside me. i cant imagine what it would be like if i had a terabyte of data in my onedrive like my subscription allows, i would have to wait a week for the sync to finish.

I can't believe this has not already been implemented!! Surely its the only sensible option.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As using OneDrive for Business in a Health service in a developing country with limited bandwidth LAN Sync would be hugely beneficial and OneDrive constantly causes issues with the amount of traffic it requires.

We were using DropBox utilising Lan Sync and it was very effective and reduced load enormously.

Block/delta/differential updates would at least drop the amount of traffic for just file changes.
        https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/6369855-enable-differential-sync-only-sync-parts-of-the-f

These functions are not 'nice to haves' but very important requirements for an effective product whether it be for home or business.

It is always frustrating when you use a product and the developer removes functionality that seems so obviously beneficial as is from the Live Mesh sync days.

we waiting, oh ****, thats post from 2014, and now 2017, 4 years and never accept

• Who AmI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Typical Microsoft never listen to their users. It is time to vote with your feet to leave M$ and join Dropbox or Google drive campain.

• Joshua Bardwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my voice to this feature request. I use OneDrive to store video files and often have to wait 48 hours or more for gigs of data to upload and then download. This is a particular problem when I am about to go on a trip with my editing laptop, and I have to manually move files so that I can be sure they're on that drive. This is exactly the issue that OneDrive should be solving for me.

• Caleb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would really be helpful for eningeers working with large data sets. Particularly as there is no hybrid storage model.

• David K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not even going to bother adding detail as everyone before me has done it already.

Let's get this moved off the backlog and into RS4 development!

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this, Microsoft. Its silly for me to use Dropbox free service that does lan sync when I actually pay for yours.

Alimx. I just went thought the same issue. OneDrive told me it is a problem with their synch agent. They advised me to unlink the computer and reinstall the app. (I'm on a Mac). Then synch over in folders. So I synched no more than 10GBs at the time. Went smooth.

Before that I had been stuck with a 250GB+ transfer for a week. Downloading at kb/s. And I have a 400Mbps download and upload.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

OneDrive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base