I suggest you ...

Allow users to subscribe to notifications on a shared folder

OneDrive should allow users to subscribe to a shared folder and receive notifications when new content is added to that shared folder.

This way you can share a folder once and keep adding content to it.

368 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KeshwarKeshwar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BrianHBrianH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this is STILL outstanding .. This response from MS was **17** months ago! Really frustrating that MS are trying to get us to use OneDrive for Buisness but then doesn't bother to enhance it & make it REALLY useful

• Mustafa AFYONLUOGLUMustafa AFYONLUOGLU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes ! Please add shared_folder_content_notification property to onedrive. This is very important feature for collaborative work. Otherwise we can not manage the hundreds of files in a team. I like the operation of dropbox notification feature as an example.

• Ben WhitakerBen Whitaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this was last commented on quite a while ago. Has this feature been added or is it still in the works?

• OomekOomek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somehow Dropbox has managed to implement the notifications right from the start, so why the native Microsoft's app lacks such an important feature baffles me a lot.

• Ty GriffinTy Griffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that a good push notification system, which keeps all interested parties (optionally) informed of changes to files and folders, is very important for any sort of file sharing plan. The mechanism in Google Docs (notify me of various types of events, on each change or just once a day) has worked well for me. But Google's are file-oriented, it may be that folder-oriented might work better. In any case, some way for me to know that files have changed is important. Thank you.

• JustinJustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add this to Windows Phone and WIndows. The Android version already has this in their OneDrive app!

• LukaLuka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. And make an easy to use "feed" in all apps/clients, as well as web, so we can see what's been added/removed/modified.

OneDrive: OneDrive.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base