I suggest you ...

OneDrive Capture Tool and Quick Share Features

OneDrive Capture(Snipping) Tool
- Similar to Snipping Tool, Snaggit, OneNote, Puush, Gyazo except automatically uploads image to a special folder on OneDrive similar to how phone pictures go to "Camera Roll", these pictures would go into a "Screenshots" folder.
- Different keyboard shortcuts for full screen screenshot, focused window screenshot, select your area screenshot
- Depending on the key combination, say if you hold shift during the key combination, it will determine whether a dialog will pop up asking what you want to do. For example Ctrl + 4 would give you a select-area screenshot and AUTOMATICALLY save the OneDrive share link to your clipboard whereas Ctrl + Shift + 4 would make a dialog box show up with different options.
- Services like Puush and Gyazo have been very popular nowadays with quick sharing of screen capture.

Quick Share Features
- Dedicated folder called "Quick Share" with global permission of "Anyone with link can view"
- When you right click on ANY file on Windows and click the button "Super Duper Magic Share", it will automatically upload the file to OneDrive and add a link to it to your clipboard.

Would be neat if for both these features that it can (optionally) push a notification to your phone so when you activate the notification it goes straight to that picture. I would find this useful when I want to send a friend a picture to a friend and since I can't text from my PC. I need to jump through hoops to get a copy or type out a long link to him. So it's not just pushing a link to your clipboard but it's pushing a link to your phone. I figure pushing links would also be easier than using Azure Mobile Services to send SMS.

198 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bryan Pham shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re starting to roll out our new screenshot feature. We have a dedicated screenshots folder and you can easily sync them across all your devices. The rollout will happen with updates to the sync client and we’ll ramp it up to 100% over the next couple of weeks.

Take a look at the announcement in the link below and keep the suggestions coming!

https://blog.onedrive.com/introducing-an-all-new-way-to-view-manage-and-share-your-photos-in-onedrive/

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...