OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Offline access on Windows Phone

I keep a lot of documents on OneDrive and on Windows i can select what to sync and to keep available offline. I would like to be able to do the same on Windows Phone so the documents/folders i care about would be available offline. Simple thing, but i dont see it available right now. Seems to be core part of the functionality on Windows app?

1,656 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Taavi Koosaar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stanley Teo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

are we able to mark a folder as available offline instead of individual files?
        i would like to copy more files into this particular folder, and have already synced to be available offline.

• PM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it's been more than a year. What's happening? Surely your Windows Mobile app (made by your company) should be the absolute finest out there, to encourage more users to adopt Onedrive, and also hopefully sell more Lumia phones. It is a golden opportunity that you're neglecting.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a specific time for you! Last year when introduced your flagship phone. This is an absolute joke! Does common sense not apply in Microsoft's development team meetings, or is it because you can profit more off your competitors then your own product? It's been over a year and the best you can update us with is there in no specific time? I challenge you to have this problem resolved by the end of this month, and quit making excuses.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it doesn't make any sense to develop feature sets for your competition and not your VERY OWN handsets!!

What is the status of this basic function??? Why in the world does it come to other OS first? I bought a Windows Mobile device to get the very best Microsoft experience.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone. It's been almost a year now, and we still don't have an update on OneDrive offline support. This is the most important feature to support any kind of cloud data mobility. If it's supported in windows 8, it should be supported. This is the most important feature. Once cannot Sync Terabyte of data on each device, hence the wonderful offline feature by folder or file... Please escalate to your product teams. I had heard it would be back in the next upgrade in the spring? is that still the case. Many of us are not upgrading to 10 until this is available and they are too many holes with syncing files..

• Brian Mansell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with offline comments. Just came back from holiday - had loaded all travel details and more.

Both with wifi and without wifi got blank note up - saying it would update on next syncing.

Even my old Galaxy S4 had an offline feature !!!

• mp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing changed ....

Choosing WP is simply the wrong decision if you want innovative devices.

• Bill Vicino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Microsoft needs to make Offline access on the Windows Phone a priority - it's kind of unfair to have a key feature like offline access available for android AND ios - but not the Windows phone platform - seriously this feature should have been deployed on the Windows platform first - Windows phone users should be rewarded NOT penalized for selecting the Windows phone platform.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should already be possible because if there is an uploading glitch, the phone stores the document on the phone right away. So why not implement some way to control this? Of course, we need some way to have our One Drive and documents be more secure than just the PW that is for the whole phone.

• Tom petkevicius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is my most anticipated feature to be implemented to WP in nearest future, its a must have - no brainer. Surprised it still not available all this time...

• mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to add my voice to the many crying out for usb otg on all windows phones running 8.1 (and 10 when it arrives!). Had a great experience with last line tech support today, so I know Microsoft does listen, but action on the otg issue please!

• Dan Winn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You just released this for Android and gave supporters of your platform the shaft, thx again.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im working in italy and have intermittant access to wifi - so cannot access my files, so defeats the purpose ! The ability to store files both on onedrive and your phone seems pretty crucial to me. I should have the choice.

When is this functionality going to be available ?

• Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Android is it available, but when does it comes to Windows Phone Plattform?

• Phoebus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you merge this with the same request existing for iOS, the number of votes will be staggering. Worthy of moving this from "planned" to "in the works"

← Previous 1 3

OneDrive Archive: Windows Phone

Feedback and Knowledge Base