I suggest you ...

Allow files of any size to be uploaded and synced

As much as I appreciate the hard work of the Onedrive team for removing the 2GB file size limit and pushing the limit to 10GB, I was really hoping for an unlimited file size when syncing from the desktop or other localized app. I might be an edge case, but I use a competitor to sync VHD's (Virtual Hard Drives) that I use for various purposes and those are far larger than 10GB.

1,301 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian HallBrian Hall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Miguel TaberaMiguel Tabera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm evaluating Google Drive or Dropbox because I'm tired of waiting and I need a storage in which I can upload files of more than 10 GB... Is there any news about this that might give us any hope?
        Thank you.

• II commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this still at this pathetic limit? I can certainly say that if this is not fixed by the time my 1TB runs out I will not be continuing my subscription. I would rather pay someone else that would allow me to upload file sizes of any amount. Or at least something like google drive with a 5TB limit.

Considering you were thinking about it almost 2 years ago this is just a farce. Do something about it. Or lose your customers, your choice.

• RoryRory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Outlook .pst file has now grown to over 10GB and I can no longer synchronise my Microsoft Outlook Archive with OneDrive, even though I'm an Office 365 Subscriber and I have the 1TB total limit in OneDrive. C'mon Microsoft, if you can't make the file size 'unlimited' at least allow people to request an increase to 20GB or similar in the short term...

• Thomas LeitnerThomas Leitner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's important for me too. I have a couple of software instruments and ISO files I'd like to store on OneDrive. Unfortunately, that's currently not possible.

• John ErikssonJohn Eriksson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was unaware of the limitation until i tried to upload my digitalized super8 movies. They costed me a small fortune so i wanted to keep them safe. But i just found out it wasn't possible - without splitting the files into segments.
        It's the only thing i really find really annoying with Onedrive.

• GeorgeGeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YOU HAVE MY VOTE - What concerns me, all the commercials you see of the advertisement of successful businesses using "Microsoft Cloud" which Microsoft pays for and funds, they really bind the tech companies that need to back up VHD's (Virtual Hard Disks), executable files and Exchange Backups. Unlimited would be ideal.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please, i really need this too backup my large collections. giving me this option will allow me to store more on one drive and consider buying even more storage!

• Akshay BakhruAkshay Bakhru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this will be a great feature to have. Another business usecase is also sharing of zipped virtual machines which can be in some cases 15-20 GB. Especially for one drive for business.

Google Drive supports a 5TB limit! (as long as it's a non-Google doc). Keep up with your competition. Your file size limit just pushed me to using them instead of you

• Daniel LackeyDaniel Lackey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The limit may be 10GB but my Windows 10 Professional still gives me the warning that files over 2GB will not be uploaded. Any idea how to fix this? Yes, I have all updates installed via Windows Update.

Thanks

Мне для моей работы необходима поддержка крупных файлов. Помогите пожалуйста, а то мне придётся сменить облако.

• SergSerg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also video snapshots of my life recorded in 1080p are way more than 10GB in size. Consider wedding, anniversary events. Think of what would happen if shot in 4K that is getting popular now.

← Previous 1 3

OneDrive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base