I suggest you ...

Offline access on Android

I would like to keep some files of my choice cached on my devices.

674 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Olivier BurdinOlivier Burdin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

64 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aadel MAadel M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand all the fuss because you can still save the doc/file in downloads folder so I see no reason for an offline mode

• Mega ManMega Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft never listen.. You're better off using Mega cloud as you get 50GB and on and offline usage, its totally free too with no catch.

• Ted GideonseTed Gideonse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm mystified by OneDrive. If there are now folder for offline files, where are they? I have been trying to download an audiobook and use Smart Audio to play the files, but they don't exist in any folder that I can browse to. It's infuriating how difficult Microsoft has made it to actually use this product on a phone.

• KarstenKarsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try saving a file in Excel or Word for Android in your OneDrive directory (it appears in Excel or Word only) while working offline. Where is that file stored? When you re-open Excel/Word (still offline) that file will be accessible - so far so good. But I want to know WHERE that doc or xls file is stored, because you cannot find it with any explorer or file manager.

• StewartStewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Android, can the Offline location be a bit more friendly or user specified? At present, any file marked as 'offline' is placed (at present) in /android/data/user/0/com.microsoft.skydrive/no_backup/stream_cache/userid...... which is not exactly easy to find!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, ive done a test where I made a movie an offline file.. then I unchecked the offline mode to make it online mode only. But It still takes up space in my device because it still ACTS like offline mode. I digged even further and found out that its saved in data NOT cache.. so my question is where is this movie located on my device?? (and no its not in /android/data/com.microsoft.skydrive)

• AndersAnders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be FANTASTIC if one could mark a Folder and/or an Album (photos) for offline!

• HenkWHenkW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks indeed that I cannot store word docs created with the word app from my tablet on a sd card. All must go via OneDrive and that's a NOGO area for me. Maybe some people don't mind and they trust large companies liked MS and Google but I am just old fashioned ;-)
        One day rule 1 applies and next day rule 2...

• StewartStewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice that the offline files could be stored so that they are easily accessible by other apps. For example, if photos are downloaded for offline use, the one should be able to access them with a local editor, especially when there is no internet access available.
        External SD card support is also really needed to keep these offline files...... with full read/write access which Marshmallow now provides to developers.

• Ed McManusEd McManus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OVERSIGHT?? Please reinstate the "Briefing" Alarm type with weather, Schedule and News

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Documents application is the best solution for any cloud storage on apple device. Either similar application shall exisit for windows phone and android or offline access (with Sync) facility shall be available for onedrive

• PCPC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this ability for folders, please and thanks!

• Tuan GuguTuan Gugu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Cant wait for this feature to be available... Honestly it should've been available by default.

← Previous 1 3 4

OneDrive: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base