I suggest you ...

Multiple personal accounts on Windows Phone

It is a must feature since we may have multiple accounts on onedrive and even google drive support multiple account login in android phones. Please add this feature.

209 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Akshat Rastogi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another flaw wp....no doubt why numerous users prefer android phones....****** games and apps...not updated,always surpassed by android phones' versions...just to play good games,we have to download not less than 200 mb...unlike on android wherein 50 mb is enough for me to play good games with bombarding plot....

I've deleted my old OneDrive personal account as we migrated to O365. My phone will not point anywhere else but the dead OneDrive account. I can't see anywhere to delete it and reset to point to the new location.
        Do I seriously have to wipe my service and start over just to get my photos to synch back to the cloud ?

I just cannot delete one of my accounts on Onedrive. I just do not understand why Microsoft is making it easier to migrate to Android.

• Nothing works! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This **** even applies to find my phone feature. I was trying to locate my wife's wp8.1 phone on my Lumia 930 but accidentally typed my own account details instead of hers. That's it, can't track her phone any more because of one simple mistake! Parcel of ****, pushing me ever closer to making the leap to Android. For Gods sake MS get this sorted!!

Why remove a feature like this? Not being able to logout of your Onedrive account is a huge security risk, especially if you have sensitive files on your Onedrive.
        The fact that it is available on Android is an insult to every Windows Phone user. Please fix it asap, this is unacceptable.

• Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Angus Logan - since you had it and then removed it, how about first explaining why it was removed?

• Vivian Reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not understand why they can't make this happen. Prior to my upgrade on my Windows Phone, I was able to sign out of my personal One Drive and login to another one of my Accouns.
        How can this be so hard to get this feature reinstated?

• Lain Robertson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having recently purchased a Lumia 930, this was a rather unwelcome constraint - and quite a surprising one given that I would have expected the various teams to have learnt from the Outlook crew, who came to appreciate some time ago now that people do indeed have multiple accounts (Exchange accounts in this example) and depend on/expect their mobility solutions to enable, not hamper them.

It's actually a ironic example to have chosen, I guess, as the Outlook folks had initially adopted the inverse model of allowing only one business account (Exchange) and many personal, while OneDrive has allowed only one personal and many business.

I'd have thought by now that there'd be some kind of user acceptance team overseeing development output (even being extended out to cross platform) and measuring it against common adoption principles which would include those from lessons learnt (i.e. that from the Exchange team demonstrating multiple accounts are required). This whole debacle could and should have been avoided.

As some others have said, we'll have to look at other solutions like DropBox in which case you may as well drop this app altogether. Either that or enhance it and bring it up to user expectation, I guess.

Well it offers one personal and one business account - and surprisingly, one can sign out from the business account, but not the personal account. That leaves all data on personal account quite vulnerable.

MS - fix it asap!!

It is not so much of supporting multiple accounts. I want to be able to log off from OneDrive for security. For the time being, I am not storing anything sensitive, which is almost all of them.

• Cal Logan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok. Now I must eat some crow...after playing with the new OneDrive app for an hour I have figured out how to access my other oneDrive accounts (not securely but at least access them on my windows phone through sharing and EDIT feature - this did not work well in the previous version). The new app is very smooth...I'm quite pleased with the look, accessibility, ease of use BESIDES the securify flaw of having my phone with access to all my onedrive shared files (with no way to protect them because your main login is live everytime you tap the onedrive tile..scary..) That's why we need multiple logins for other personal onedrive accounts like Android and Iphone. Great improvement to the Windows Phone ONEDRIVE app though Mr. Microsoft...but think about the serious security issue if I lost my phone OR someone stole it and accessed all info before it timed out...SCARY. I guess your answer would be just change your password...but I might not be near a computer when the phone is stolen. Please give this some serious though...maybe a toll free phone number I can call to automatically lock my phone?? maybe dumb idea but I can always ask someone to lend me their phone to make a quick phone call.

Also, call me old fashion - but when developers for some WP apps release a new app the list the features in that release per section. That would help me see if there are usability changes that a owner can immediately use. Just a summary. The MetroMail developer does a great job of making this summary (change log) and he's just a small time developer with an awesome app (he even has a password you can setup so people that use your phone cannot access your email - Security!!! YES!).

By the way, I forgot to mention if you have NOT upgraded your phone to Windows Phone 8.1 (still have WP 8) and use OneDrive you DO have the ability to log out and log in to different personal accounts. I was just using my brothers phone today (Nokia 928) and noticed he could do that - of course we were trying to get to a photo that I could not access with my phone!!

I hope every knows the log off feature was a in the old OneDrive app...Microsoft has yet to explain the why they remove the feature. Also, within that app you could modify and save files back to the same file name. To me one of the beat features is being about to open password protected office (word and excel files)...they need to continue to work on ease of use capabilities with the core applications.

← Previous 1

OneDrive: Windows Phone

Feedback and Knowledge Base