I suggest you ...

make upload reliable

I was very happy about the 1TB space, so I decided to put all my stuff on OneDrive: 50k+ files in 5k folders with a volume of 35GB of data.

Unfortunately, the upload got stuck several times. I ended up with some thousands of files in the Microsoft Upload Center. I was unable to get those files uploaded (actions in upload center is a single select list box with poor display performance, poor performance after selecting one action to perform the missing login (I have no reason why, because I'm logged in and some other thousands of files got uploaded), Upload still not working after login command. Despite it was not working, manually single-selecting thousands of files is impossible.

Therefore, a reliable and complete upload and easy and working means to fix conflicts is crutial to give trust to OneDrive.

Thanks,
Lucky

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lucky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Randy Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several users who continue to have their OneDrive for Business sync clients get "stuck" on a certain number of files (seemingly arbitrarily) and have no way to fix it. By 'no way', I mean, Repair doesn't seem to alleviate the problem and they have to go through the hard steps of cleaning out the caching folders and starting all over to sync, which requires power user IT help, not something an end-user can fix on their own. Basically, they're dead in the water.

• david8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problems. 8.1 client is not good. Missing features, unreliable downloads

• Luka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

True. I have read a lot of comments like OP. Web uploads are actually looking better than through the client, though you only have upload than, no sync. With client a lot of people get sync errors, duplicate files, conflicts, and very slow upload speeds.

OneDrive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base