I suggest you ...

Integrate with History File

Windows 8/8.1 supports File History which allows you to see all previous versions of files on your folders, which is specially useful for a little in loco version control when dealing with projects that has many changing files.

But currently this feature requires another disk drive or a network drive.

Windows could automatically use OneDrive to store those files for each account, and present them to the user, downloading the previous versions as needed (similar on how OneDrive currently works on 8.1)

126 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lukas TavesLukas Taves shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David StocksDavid Stocks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't se why you "don't intend for OneDrive to be a fole history repository". It would be well worth buying extra space for this.

• Nathan ChanNathan Chan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this change. I have purchased Office365 with 1TB on OneDrive. My laptop only has 512GB so there is no way to truly utilize the 1TB. File History would be a great added bonus for my laptop while utilizing the storage I obviously will not use up with just my standard hard drive. It would increase the value of both Windows 10 and OneDrive. Thanks!!!

• LukaLuka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 .. OneDrive should be integrated with built-in backup tools in Windows. Now it's a system app, and going even deeper in Windows 10, why not use it as one of the options for backup locations? Though MS should first add deduplication and differential uploads to make this feature really useful (quick enough)

OneDrive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base