I suggest you ...

NTFS-like permissions on Shares (Full Control, Modify: Delete/Rename/Create, Read-Only)

Please provide Windows NTFS-like permissions on shared items, including: Full Control, Modify (Edit, Delete, Create), Read-Only.

Currently, users can only Create or Delete items in a share, but are unable to rename. Only the owner can.

Owner should be able to specify who can:

1. Make permission changes
2. Delete files
3. Create files
4. Delete files
5. Whether user can ONLY make modifications on his/her own files/folders
6. Whether user can make modifications on ANY file/folder in the share

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael Yuen (袁善全) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I meet the idea very very good !!
        It could be really useful to give the owner the ability to set NTFS-like permissions.
        For example, users may have the option to read and modify files in a shared folder, but not to delete it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google Drive as an option, with anyone with that link and make changes to the contents of the folder including deleting a file. I like that idea because its nice to confirm with a family member or friend which photos should be deleted to give an example.

• Alix Greenawalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, we would like to setup a "Drop Box" like folder where users can submit files, but cannot edit, view, delete etc. once the file is deposited into the folder.

• Luka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, complete se of permissions would be welcome. These should be expanded when new features kick in, e.g.:

- if you add feature that we can copy someone else's share to our OneDrive, than that person should have the option to keep us from doing that (in case of read-only permission for example)

OneDrive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base