OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

OneDrive Activity Log

Just as it's implemented in Google Drive - would like to be able to view an activity feed which shows
- Recent file updates
- Recent items shared by/with you
- Recent creation/deletion of Folders
etc.

946 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Saurabh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
boom! it's done  ·  Douglas Pearce responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback. We recently began rolling out our new activity center which shows the files that are sync’ing, have recently sync’d, and more. There’s more to do so please create individual requests for features you’d like to see in upcoming releases.

48 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MICROSOFT dudes are nasty in nature - security, blah blah - they have to purge such feature before they will catch themselves. :)

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Client called that her folder was gone. After some research (1hr) found she mistakenly renamed it and the folder was re-sorted towards the bottom of the long list of folders. It will be useful if I can see a log of "ABC" folder renamed to "XYZ". A rolling log of Renamed, Moved, Deleted, Updated. I can search through it in powershell and would save ton of time troubleshooting issues. Or better yet this can be a log that account Admin has access too on the O365 portal

• Brian Lacy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to see a COMPLETE sync activity log, including a record of the so-called "Processing Changes" notices which specifies what "change" OneDrive thinks it's encountered,

Hi! I can see that this idea now have the 'Boom! It's done' label, however I don't see anything in my OneDrive. Does anyone know how to find this feature? Is it only for admins or for every user? And does it make a difference if I'm using OneDrive for Business? Thanks!

• Sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any activity regarding a file that is saved in your OneDrive - opened, downloaded, printed, saved, modified....
    It’s important to have that as a file trail - it could ease troubleshooting for sure, but also is important for security reasons and making sure your files aren’t being wrongly accessed.

BOOM! ITs DONE
    This sounds nice, by I need the instructions .
    Where do I finde the activitylog.

• Raphael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Doug, i can t find this activity center on One Drive, can you tell where it is ??????

• Quintin Saaiman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An access log for security. Found out my live account was accessed from China/Thailand last night, but no way of knowing what, if any, files they tried to access or maybe even deleted.

• Contributer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for adding this feature to the Reports in the admin center!

Can upload and download history also be added to the OneDrive activity report?

• Torgeir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will use this feature to have statistics on what pages that is viewed on Onedrive
    and what one person/IP/computer has seen.
    Ability to not Count my ovn computer.
    Generated from the Directory i'm standing in.
    Downoadable to Excel-fil

I'd also like to have the ability to get confirmationinfo from who that has downloade/viewed in serten directories so I can use serten directories as registered mail.

• Niilo Na commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As just now, : "Microsoft OneDrive has stopped working. Windows can try to restart the program" And give alternatives are "Restart the program/Debug the program". Nothing said about after 2 weeks or more transfer of files and over 100 GBytes sent.

This is sort of an extension to the "daily summary of changes" which I can already get, except I don't want that data to disappear and I want to be able to look at different timespans, or for specific files...

• Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also an access log for security. Found out my live account was accessed from China last night, but no way of knowing what if any files they tried to access or maybe even deleted.

• Mark W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the comments. Very helpful for troubleshooting. People always ask "What happened to the file?" Currently there is no way to research anything.

• Andy D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really needed. Time and time again Onedrive gets stuck on uploading and I have to restart it. The problem with this is realizing on the go that nothing has been sync'd. Being able to see why something is not syncing properly is a must. "View sync problems" is always grayed out even when syncing is not fully complete even 24 hours later.

Yes very important - and it would be great to have pop ups while working so you know what the others sharing same folders are working on - I miss that since i switched from dropbox !!!

• Lorrellei Waterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, this is a huge pain. it has eaten up about 3/4 of my new notebook 400GB with 231GB of duplicates. In on month and a half.
    Major problem, Please consider this! Thank you for the original post *Saurabh and PLEASE implement this, *ADMIN !!!
    Thank you for all your hard work! :)

• pili commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please do it, i need to know who deletes files in the folders I share

← Previous 1 3

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base