OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Exclude folders from Photo View

Is there anyway to exclude folders from showing up in photo albums/feed?
Following the Xbox Music integration, I've started ripping my vast CD Single collection and adding in a folder.jpg file for album artwork. I now have around 1000 pictures of CD covers in my feeds! Would be useful if the Music folder is excluded from the photo/image selection process.

163 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul Dagnall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
please split up  ·  Douglas Pearce responded  · 

Thanks for the suggestion, Paul. Aaron in the comments is right that the All Photos view can be scoped down on the web to just look at the Pictures folder. We’re working to get that on the mobile apps as well. I suggest splitting this one up since there are probably more granular feature requests here. Thanks again.

51 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • WhoCares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I doubt Microsoft bothers about user voice at all. People have been asking for smartart and mindmapping functionality in OneNote for years too. But who cares? certainly not Douglas Pearce.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was really hoping OneDrive could be my photos solution, but it's not very useful without this feature. I see thousands of work images intermixed with family photos and that ruins it. Too bad because I liked the combined pricing with Office-365.

It's back to google photos for me, at least until this gets fixed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any feedback on whether this has been has been for iOS app? I see on the web version you can do it but app is still a problem.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement a solution for this. I'd like to make one drive my master photos database, but until this issue is addressed it's back to google photos for me...

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft this is a clear example where you fail to listen to your user base or have have simply decided to no longer monitor this forum (same thing really).

As it stands the Photos app on Android continues to be useless and the reason I still use Google Photos. Shame such a basic thing cannot be resolved by one of the largest software companies in the world.

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, we have lot of pictures in our work folder, and we don't want OneDrive show them with our Family photo. Do something please.

Yes this is extremely annoying with a seemingly easy fix. Microsoft, please fix this urgently!

• marwerno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is this urgently needed feature? I have tousands of GIF files for my website and they all show up in the photo feed. Highly annoying! Let me exclude some folders!

This option is needed. Otherwise, that section of the app is useless.
    Thanks in advance

strongly needed.....web has ths option, windows foto app use this settings from web...but apps dont have this option.

3 years on this little option? please add microsoft!!!

• paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support ticket 818397…I went to the UserVoice page / Photos, which you referred me to . The voting is closed??? It appears that people have been raising this issue since 2015 and yet it persist, both on IOS and Android. Microsoft has pushed saving files, documents, photos to the cloud. I adopted this 2 yrs ago . When I save receipts , drawings, schematics, maps etc in a picture format, in a folder separate and apart from the photos folder, I still get the picture file of those “non photo” items showing up in my photo feed on the web and on my IOS phone. It makes that useless to have a picture file to show to friends etc with works and miscl snaps scattered all over. THE PHOTOS tab should only show photos uploaded by my phone OR give the option to select which “folders” on One Drive that the PHOTOS TAB will display. That way I can choose which photos the PHOTO Tab will display.. How difficult can that be?

• Zi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this closed like the previous users are saying......

I do not understand why MS is not responding to this very useful feature. Not having this possibility makes the OneDrive environment less usable for many application, e.g. using OneDrive as backup for all (also not to be published) photos. MS, please respond why this is not possible and why in these Agile times, it takes that long.

• Anton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The day I decide to try some of MS ecosystem I always find something ridiculous like this. Three years old and it hasn't been implemented. One little thing and complete show stopper for me from using the thing. =(

• Dimitar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Closed? Why? This is an issue that still persists. All my scanned documents are all over the photos section which is really annoying.

• B Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why has this been closed? That lovely drop down menu which is supposed to restrict to your pictures album doesn't even work. I don't want my floor plans in my photo albums. The lack of progress or even interest is disgraceful.

← Previous 1 3

OneDrive Archive: Photos

Feedback and Knowledge Base