I suggest you ...

Add the ability to open SharePoint Sites for Mac like the Windows client does

We're trying to move one division over to our SharePoint365 and get off of Dropbox. We're getting a lot of pushback from the Mac users, about this, since OneDrive doesn't have connections to SharePoint like Windows does (i.e. the site documents list in Finder).

"Sync" a folder from the SharePoint libraries sends them down a rabbit hole of installing Onedrive For Business and ultimately doesn't work as it tells them they have to have a PC to sync to SharePoint

Sharing to SharePoint in Document Connector in O2011 will only connect you to specific files in specific folders, not folder and all subfolders (there are hundreds). No way to manipulate folders -move them rename them, move them from one folder to another. They're stuck doing this in firefox, which only allows them to move files and folders down the tree, not up.

Beckfish and Colligo as 3rd party apps for this, don't work with 365. Users are stuck using Firefox and are not happy about it. Research indicates that this is a subject of much discussion, and the answer seems only to be, "no it doesn't."

1,914 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve recently rolled out support for syncing your Team sites (including O365 Groups) and shared OneDrive for Business folders for macOS. You can read more here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/01/24/onedrive-brings-new-file-collaboration-and-management-features-to-the-enterprise/ This is available for our standalone client and coming to the Mac App Store shortly. Thanks!

206 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ben SwabyBen Swaby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Syncing is a great tool, however what if you don't want to sync everything? What if the storage infrastructure is bigger than your computer can hold? What if you don't want everyone in your infrastructure syncing all of it? If you don't have native browsing from either product windows explorer or finder (macOS), then you get the following.

- End user frustration having to save to their computer and then upload to the cloud
        - End user confusion on editing files. Remember, not everything is a Microsoft based product.
        - Data lost risk as users will get frustrated with the process and not upload to the cloud
        - Increased training cost and constant reminders on saving to the cloud

Don't get me wrong.. Syncing is cool, but it's not the full answer in a corporate environment. Not everything is Microsoft and not all Microsoft is native to accessing 365 directly through their app.

In order to go from ok to great native windows explorer and finder access is a must. this also includes OneDrive access. Not everything has 5TB of storage on their computer, so sync'd and non-sync'd files should show up while online. While offline, non-sync'd file should be greyed out.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can confirm that Sharepoint Folder Sync with OneDrive does NOT work on MacOS 10.12.4

• Abu AbidAbu Abid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Christopher, you say that's working but we are still experiencing issues with this. Is anyone else out there having trouble syncing SharePoint Document Libraries?

• Christopher ScullyChristopher Scully commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1- Install OD4B (OneDrive For Business) and log in
        2- Log in to your SPO site (SharePoint Online)
        3- Select Sync

Christopher Scully
        Office 365 Ambassador
        Office 365 Concierge Support

• David LockieDavid Lockie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news, this is now working on my Mac for SharePoint document libraries that exist on new Team Sites, but we use Project Online and the document library on the Project Sites does not yet sync, is that coming soon?

• Mohcine ChaoukiMohcine Chaouki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still a negative for Sharepoint Online

Enabled on Admin portal
        Standalone client + Terminal commands on MAC.

Still no go! :(

• Stephanie ElsyStephanie Elsy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not working, I get a "sorry we can't add your (folder name) right now. please try again" message, repeat ad infinitum. Although at least now it's attempting to sync...

It's a private sharepoint group - does that make a difference? I am an owner of the group and signed in on my Office 365 business account, both in the browser when clicking on "sync" and in the new OneDrive standalone app (downloaded from the blog site).

• Jason MooreAdminJason Moore (Group Program Manager, Microsoft, Microsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All - We've seen some folks run into roadblocks below (sorry about that!).

There's a key pre-requisite to syncing your team sites and shared folders. It must be enabled by the tenant admin. (Why? While we've just shipped the software, we want to be thoughtful about how admins roll this out).

You can read specifics about how to setup the preview that will enable you to try it out, or how to enable it for your tenant, right here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Enable-users-to-sync-SharePoint-files-with-the-new-OneDrive-sync-client-22e1f635-fb89-49e0-a176-edab26f69614

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, with newly downloaded standalone OneDrive for Mac, syncing folders shared by others is still not working...

• TristynTristyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was promised a year ago. I support many large companies with all Apple devices and I am not recommending Office 365 because of this lack of support and therefor I am having to point them to other non Microsoft Options.

• ZachZach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Mac Office365 user in a mostly-PC environment, this is a crucial missing feature. The Admin posted that this feature would be complete end of 2016. Does this mean it's happening soon?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

OneDrive: Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base