I suggest you ...

Add the ability to open SharePoint Sites for Mac like the Windows client does

We're trying to move one division over to our SharePoint365 and get off of Dropbox. We're getting a lot of pushback from the Mac users, about this, since OneDrive doesn't have connections to SharePoint like Windows does (i.e. the site documents list in Finder).

"Sync" a folder from the SharePoint libraries sends them down a rabbit hole of installing Onedrive For Business and ultimately doesn't work as it tells them they have to have a PC to sync to SharePoint

Sharing to SharePoint in Document Connector in O2011 will only connect you to specific files in specific folders, not folder and all subfolders (there are hundreds). No way to manipulate folders -move them rename them, move them from one folder to another. They're stuck doing this in firefox, which only allows them to move files and folders down the tree, not up.

Beckfish and Colligo as 3rd party apps for this, don't work with 365. Users are stuck using Firefox and are not happy about it. Research indicates that this is a subject of much discussion, and the answer seems only to be, "no it doesn't."

1,914 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve recently rolled out support for syncing your Team sites (including O365 Groups) and shared OneDrive for Business folders for macOS. You can read more here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/01/24/onedrive-brings-new-file-collaboration-and-management-features-to-the-enterprise/ This is available for our standalone client and coming to the Mac App Store shortly. Thanks!

203 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...