OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Add the ability to open SharePoint Sites for Mac like the Windows client does

We're trying to move one division over to our SharePoint365 and get off of Dropbox. We're getting a lot of pushback from the Mac users, about this, since OneDrive doesn't have connections to SharePoint like Windows does (i.e. the site documents list in Finder).

"Sync" a folder from the SharePoint libraries sends them down a rabbit hole of installing Onedrive For Business and ultimately doesn't work as it tells them they have to have a PC to sync to SharePoint

Sharing to SharePoint in Document Connector in O2011 will only connect you to specific files in specific folders, not folder and all subfolders (there are hundreds). No way to manipulate folders -move them rename them, move them from one folder to another. They're stuck doing this in firefox, which only allows them to move files and folders down the tree, not up.

Beckfish and Colligo as 3rd party apps for this, don't work with 365. Users are stuck using Firefox and are not happy about it. Research indicates that this is a subject of much discussion, and the answer seems only to be, "no it doesn't."

1,914 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve recently rolled out support for syncing your Team sites (including O365 Groups) and shared OneDrive for Business folders for macOS. You can read more here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/01/24/onedrive-brings-new-file-collaboration-and-management-features-to-the-enterprise/ This is available for our standalone client and coming to the Mac App Store shortly. Thanks!

217 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bill Quinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PC users can open one drive in Windows Explorer and access SharePoint site documents.

MAC users are not able to do this. Mac users can access OneDrive for Business in this manner but not Sharepoint site document folders.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hm, this seems to make the onedrive for business client for the mac less capable than the iOS version and useless for actual business purposes?

• Laurent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The client application for mac of OneDrive for business works fine. I can add files and make new folders also in Mac Finder.

I can't sync libraries wich are shared with me.
    It would be very helpfull you can load libraries from others, like this is already possible on windows.

The Business application I thaught was made to make it easy to share documents in your business.

In a business you always have some MAC users. If OneDrive for Business won't be able to make the possibilty for mac users, we are necessary to search other cloudservices for them.

Greetings from a happy OneDrive user.

• Misha Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the point of a "focus" on OneDrive that leaves out the feature that would make it useful? OneDrive is pretty much useless as a business product if it doesn't sync SharePoint.

• Stephen Rickett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have thought the 'Share' in SharePoint might have been a bit of a giveaway as to why this feature might be a bit core to the product? Please expand on your answer.

• Fabian Geurts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Declined ???!!! How can shared folders between people in a business not be important enough ???
    Explain me what is the real use of OneDrive for Business if it is only for personal files. Any other tool including OneDrive or Dropbox would do... Really sorry to see how this goes...

• Randy Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reuben - Thanks for the update. Your answer is seemingly short, but I can't help but think there must be another solution in the works for businesses to work with OneDrive if it's not by syncing doc libraries as asked for here?

Can you expound a bit on how you foresee an organization storing a "central file repo" and allowing its users to interact with it if not by way of syncing doc libraries via OneDrive? Each user having unlimited space in their own OneDrive doesn't work well for this scenario, which is the only way I see the organizations I work with moving from on-premise to cloud storage.

• Randy Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Syncing libraries is a huge necessity for our organization on a mac. In addition, simply the need to manage libraries' files and folders on a mac via the web interface.

• Stephen Rickett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 This is a MAJOR gap for the 365 space - most businesses and organisations have a mix of PC and Mac.

• Fabian Geurts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was so happy to hear that the Mac Client was available... and so disappointed that I still can't access the files shared by my colleagues on Windows.

What's really the point of this client as it is now ???

• Gary Allman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Macs & PC's. The lack of this functionality is a deal killer for us & one of our customers that has 50 subsidiaries.

• J. Greg Mackinnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support for on-premise storage will be critical to adoption of this service. We cannot deploy a cloud-only service at our campus.

• Julio Maldonado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this is taking so long to implement. I just want to be able to have all shared documents synced up on all my user's MacBooks! We're a small team(5 users), scattered across a large city without an office. Having a centralized server isn't an option for us but we have a lot of documents to share. And adding placeholder files on top of that would be HUGE.

DropBox is an option but we don't want to pay for two similar services.

• Tyson Battersby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please!
    I am trying to set this up for our teachers at our school and I thought I'd hit a winner when I saw the beta release of OneDrive for Business for Mac. I was hoping to achieve the same functionality I have on my Windows PC at home, with all the Sharepoint documents and folders syncing up, but found that it will only sync users personal files from OneDrive.

Please, PLEASE integrate Sharepoint file syncing into the OneDrive for Business Mac application.

• Joshua Zelvy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Mac One Drive for Business application is a great start. Please add the ability to sync SharePoint Online Document Libraries via this tool similar to the Windows One Drive for Business capability.

1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →

OneDrive Archive: Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base