OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Add the ability to open SharePoint Sites for Mac like the Windows client does

We're trying to move one division over to our SharePoint365 and get off of Dropbox. We're getting a lot of pushback from the Mac users, about this, since OneDrive doesn't have connections to SharePoint like Windows does (i.e. the site documents list in Finder).

"Sync" a folder from the SharePoint libraries sends them down a rabbit hole of installing Onedrive For Business and ultimately doesn't work as it tells them they have to have a PC to sync to SharePoint

Sharing to SharePoint in Document Connector in O2011 will only connect you to specific files in specific folders, not folder and all subfolders (there are hundreds). No way to manipulate folders -move them rename them, move them from one folder to another. They're stuck doing this in firefox, which only allows them to move files and folders down the tree, not up.

Beckfish and Colligo as 3rd party apps for this, don't work with 365. Users are stuck using Firefox and are not happy about it. Research indicates that this is a subject of much discussion, and the answer seems only to be, "no it doesn't."

1,914 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve recently rolled out support for syncing your Team sites (including O365 Groups) and shared OneDrive for Business folders for macOS. You can read more here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/01/24/onedrive-brings-new-file-collaboration-and-management-features-to-the-enterprise/ This is available for our standalone client and coming to the Mac App Store shortly. Thanks!

217 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Petter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are considering migrating our whole company globally from Google Apps for Business to Office365, but the fact that you haven't yet solved the "basic" functionality we need actually concerns me a lot. 90% of our employees are using Macs so migrating to O365 is not an option until the ability to have shared folders os available.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've been hearing since April that a fully-functional One Drive for Business client is coming for Mac - it is now September and still no SharePoint/Team site sync support???
    Between that and no Skype for Business client for the Mac, it is really hard to get the most out of our subscription on a Mac.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to know that you're working on, but could you give us an idea when it will available on our Mac?
    Thanks in advance
    Mike

• Alex K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use both PC and Mac. OneDrive Business (sharePoint) is way not reliable on Windows and completely is not supported on MAC. I guess something is wrong on OneDrive conceptual level. This post by Jason Moore on 04/12/16 is just a shame. So many businesses suffer - so much time and money wasted in hope that OneDrive can be used in business operations.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems to be a concern since 2015 In April of 2016 there was a lot of information about it coming we are now in Aug I would think with the amount of developers and the market need we should have seen this by now. At a minimum a date would be nice.

• Matt Clare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding this functionality - or closing the online feature gaps (Word Online: can't handle more than ~50 pages, can't insert a horizontal line, Excel Online can't make a pivot table....) could make me happy. I only need OneDrive to sync because I can't use the web tools for much more than a preview.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just purchased it too this week only to find out sharepoint cant be synced with onedrive on mac. When is this going to be fixed? At least warn us of this no?

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I purchased a whole bunch of services from Microsoft for my company only to find out that most are useless because they are incompatible with Mac.

SharePoint: cannot sync, has to be done through the Web. You can't even select multiple files. Graphic artist has to work on ten photos? He needs to download them one at a time.

Skype for Business: screen sharing, etc? Forget it?

We've been hearing "it's coming" forever.

Lots of young, smart people insist on using Mac. And if I have even one guy that is incredibly valuable to me, it means that we need something cross-platform compatible.

I'm now in the process of looking for third party solutions. Companies like Dropbox, Google and LogMeIn have figured this out a long time ago.

You guys are shooting yourself in the foot.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New sync client is here, but no sync to sharepoint sites for mac users !!! Please can we have an update regarding this feature, will it ever happen ???

• Rui Leal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add to my previous message, i've found an app that does the sync for the SharePoint Team Sites on the app store: "Beckfish Sync Client for OneDrive for Business".

For me, it's really unthinkable that a 3rd party tool can provide this and the official Mac client can't ...

• Rui Leal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it me or even with the last macOS client version 17.3.6389 (0415) we cannot sync Sharepoint Team sites files?

Why is this still not implemented? This one of the most important features on a company environment ...

OneDrive Archive: Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base